A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Hi Ian - Maybe we could have a whip round for new float lol.

Keep the Pic's coming bud' they're very welcome for us fair weather Anglers.

• Haha 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

That did make me laugh Martin :).

you are right though, I have been using those wire stemmed Map bolo floats for the majority of my trotting for months now!  They are great little floats and the wire stem makes them cast well.  No need for a whip round though :), I have loads of floats, just have to use a different one next time out to spice the pic's up LOL.

• Like 1

Damn site more than i caught ,i popped down the river for a couple of hours ,just as i leant forward to drop the float in the bank slid and down i went.

The rivers not deep just waist deep in the pool i was trying to fish but getting out was a laugh ,fricking cold and very muddy !

In the end i walked downstream to where the bank was easier to climb but i went down more times than i went up.

Must have been a great sight walking along the road ,one hand holding a muddy bag and rod the other desperately trying to hold up sodden muddy trousers with a broken string !

Probably curtains were twitching and the neighbours thinking whats that old fool up to again ,worst of all the mrs refused to let me in until i had a strip wash in the shed and a dash into the house dressed in a labcoat .

Not sure i will venture out again this winter

And no theres no pictures!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 6

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Let's just hope nobody got you on their phone & you're soon to be on YouTube!! (If not already)

Wouldn't that be awful. :wheelchair:

We can all Laugh now we know you're home (& Hosed) safe!!. Can have 16 to 20 foot right under your feet on the River Derwent, just the other side of York from Leeds.

That's Sliding float stuff, for those who can do it - I never could be bothered with it so fished maggot/groundbait feeder.

Method Feeder was unheard of in the 1970's - on the rivers anyway.

River fishing was the mainstay of most of us back in the day.

Edited by Martin56
  • Haha 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

8 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Let's just hope nobody got you on their phone & you're soon to be on YouTube!! (If not already)

Wouldn't that be awful. :wheelchair:

We can all Laugh now we know you're home (& Hosed) safe!!. Can have 16 to 20 foot right under your feet on the River Derwent, just the other side of York from Leeds.

That's Sliding float stuff, for those who can do it - I never could be bothered with it so fished maggot/groundbait feeder.

Method Feeder was unheard of in the 1970's - on the rivers anyway.

River fishing was the mainstay of most of us back in the day.

Theres bits of the medway like that ,i remember as a youth chucking in my keepnet only to see it hanging from its rope several feet above the river and ten feet of water  under that falling in there would have been fatal.

No carp in rivers as far as i can remember and hearing hushed talk of some in a canal caused excitement ,they certainly wernt in every water filled hole as they are today ,saying that i havnt caught one in the wey here but i expect theres some in the slower stretches the rivers (we have two weys here) are still fast and young .

As for youtube perhaps but aside from one family most are older than me and the stretch i walked from appearing out of the woods along the road to my house is about 100 yards ,it would take me longer than that just to find my phone lol

I lived in kent back then and there was all sorts of places to go from crystal palace boating lake ,mote park,keston , the mighty medway and the royal military canal then off to folkestone sea fishing in the close season

Keston brings magical memories i met my first pedo and later his "brother" great times

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I had a couple of hours way down the tidal stretch on a large river today.  The river was carryiing to much water to wade comfortably in chest waders let alone my thhight waders.  Anyhow, luckily I could cast across to a smooth glide and was able to mend the line well enough to keep my float on the right line.  After several trotts through I hooked a nice chub.  A couple more chub and then I started hooking some pretty decent bream.  No idea what the tally was at the end but I had a good few fish, a few pics....

IMG-0361.jpg

IMG-0364.jpg

IMG-0366.jpg

IMG-0374.jpg

IMG-0385.jpg

IMG-0390.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Martin, yup a different float (specially for you :) ) and it has a carbon stem as you spotted.  It's one of my favourite floats "a Steve Maher" they are excellent floats but i'm not sure if they're still in production.

Tigger.

Great session.  It is often untold that good anglers can adjust to the venue as presented rather than fishing in some predetermined fashion. Served lemons make lemonade.

The brief description of the swim (glide) tells me you altered much of your approach.

Martin, I'd bet a pint the  float is weighted

• Like 1