A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Tigger,

I couldn't help but noticing you are showing off that fine machine with a chub, a perch and a carp. It's been nearly a week now - do you suppose it doesn't want to exert the effort of a really nice barbel. What rod have you decided to link it up with

Phone

Phone,

The perch and chuub in my first pictures of the reel are pictures LOL.

The next post I took it and caught some dace and chub.

I will try and catch a barbel wopith it but just haven't had the time to get out, and the conditions haven't been right for float fishing for them on the rivers I fish.  They've been too high but they dropped off to a fishable level yesterday.  Trouble is, it's rained hard through the night and is still doing so now.  I just have to spy a chance when I have time and the conditons are ok :).

• Thanks 1

Hey Phone,

Your post inspired me to get out and try for a barbel with the new machine. Anyhow, I managed one, only one mind, but, it was a cracker!  I weighed it and it was 11lb 9 ounces, first one on the new reel ! :)

the pictures are both the same barbel....

IMG-0654.jpg

IMG-0657.jpg

I had some very nice chub also, couldn't be bothered weighing them but I reckon all were over 5lb, here's some of them...

IMG-0647.jpg

IMG-0652.jpg

IMG-0651.jpg

I had a few average dace and some roach also but my hunger pangs got the better of me and I was forced to retreat home for some jack-bit.

All thanks to you that Phone, I had no plans to got out as it rained heavy on and off all day....worth getting wet though ?

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 2

I was going to go after some Barbel on my local stream for the first time since the virus reared it’s head with my son Stuart on Sunday but my car had developed a fault in the gearbox on the previous Friday and I’d left all of my fishery keys in the glovebox at the garage, and Stuart had lost his keys a while back and hadn’t replaced them so we reluctantly we had to cancel.

I get my car back tomorrow, and If my son gets his new Carp rods before Saturday he wants to christen them on some Carp at the estate lake with me, else we’ll be trying for Barbel on Saturday evening on my local stream at long last.I think I’ve started to get withdrawal symptoms now it’s been so long since I caught a Barbel ☹️??

NB: Stuart decided to order himself a couple of Greys Prodigy GT4 Carp rods similar to my GT2 and GT3 rods.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

That was a smashing Barbel you had there Ian, and some super Chub too. Glad to see you like your new pin ?

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Thanks 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Tigger,

What a fish. I know you are a champion of the native barbel, an understandingly a popular sport fish throughout its range, long prized by anglers for its power and stamina. It is a good omen that you broke in the new machine on a genuine SPECIMEN.  I cannot for the life of me of distinguish what rod that is. I never had one with that clean a handle for more than 15 minutes, new. You must, for the most part, fish it with your forearm.

I somehow don't believe it takes much enticement to convince you to go fishing

Phone

Edited by Phone

Phone,

I've had the rod a while now, it's rod is a 13ft Dave Harrrell daiwa tournament RS PF rod, a very good rod.  The corks are so clean looking because they still have the placcy covering on them.

Edited by Tigger

Tigger,

I doubt then I've ever seen it in your posts, or for that matter in person. I used to be able to keep track of a few of the bigger names but no longer. He!!, it could be a sea fishing rod for best I can tell anymore.

The reason I Asked - does your new machine have a tendency to lean to the left under pressure

Phone

Phone, i'm not sure I understand what you mean about the machine leaning to the left under pressure?

If your thinking the handle looks a little strange, that's because the cork has what they call an arm lock.  All that is is it has a flat part where it sits under your forearm.  It's quite good actually but I don't find it works any better than a normal round handle.

Edited by Tigger