A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Had a trip up north last week for grayling, wasn't anything like it used to be, only 10 grayling and 24 trout.  Nothing of any size, several grayliing were around tye 2lb mark and a few of the trout were about the same size.

Had a couple of trotting sessions over the last few days, had a few barbel at the weekend and had 14 barbel, 2 chub, a dace and a grayling yesterday.

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/3wr40bJC/IMG-0839.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/RZBf3DGC/IMG-0846.jpg[/img][/url]

6 hours ago, Phone said:

TIGGER,
NO, maybe I can figure something out. All the necessary information is in the URL.

PHONE

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

28 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

Wow, a 2 Lb Grayling was almost unheard of in Yorkshire.

They were great eating in the 60's when things were short for us working class type chappies!!

We killed & ate most Pike,Trout & Grayling in those days!!

Trout takers were 9 inch & sometimes 12 Inch from memory??

Edited by Martin56

MARTIN,

Not eating fish you catch was a real experience for me on my first visit to the UK. I'm fine with it now but I was puzzled - OK to eat someone else's catch but not your own. 40 yrs later I have it sorted (I think)

Phone

2 hours ago, Phone said:

MARTIN,

Not eating fish you catch was a real experience for me on my first visit to the UK. I'm fine with it now but I was puzzled - OK to eat someone else's catch but not your own. 40 yrs later I have it sorted (I think)

Phone

Were you posting on here when the big 'take a fish for the pot' debate was going on Phone?

The result was that around 7/8 thousand 'anglers' out of an estimated 1.5 million, voted to ban the taking of fish from our rivers. Except that is for, 1 pike up to 65cms, 2 grayling between 30 and 38 cms, and 15 other fish under 20cms, per day. When I contacted the EA about my concerns, such as keeping the option to take fish, with suitable catch and size limits, would take some of the arguments from the antis, with regard to the situation in Germany and the green Party, he said that I could still take most fish for the pot, as long as they were 20cms or less. I questioned his logic in the fact that I was denied very occasionally taking one or two perch of around 1lb, but could legally take 15 perch of 20cms every day I went fishing, and that anyone could legally take a couple grayling from a specific slot size that could in theory decimate a year class on some rivers. His answer was that it was what the majority of anglers wanted, as well as the Angling trust. That day, I lost much of my faith in a large section of my fellow anglers, and all of the little faith I had in the Angling trust, and the EA.

John.

PS.

I don't know what's happened to the site. I can't post pictures, I get timed out in a short time, and even logged out automatically!

Is it just me?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Things were very,very different in the 60's & 70's - Bringing a big Pike home for the pot used to be something you'd even show around the street. (even sometimes Pike were on fish market stalls)

Gladly,we've now come away from it. (Good eating at the time all the same)

I think bostering food with low wages had something to do with it.

I foldly remember my mrs jumping back from a jack in the sink in 1975 (who had been in a creel all day) came back to life and lunged at her .Cant say a mouth full of bones was delicious enough to repeat but the cats had the odd one in the following years that had to be dispatched for humane reasons so saved on tins of cat food.

Carp are mud and nothing changes that even the cats just sniffed but the kids came home with carrier bags of trout and happily burnt them into crisps on the barbi and happily scoffed them ,the cat waited for slips between fork and lips lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson