Help and hello

rocs

Hi Everyone,

I am recovering from a heart bypass and in a couple of weeks should be able to get out a bit. Thought I may try fishing while I recover. I have a brand new (old old stock) Lexia Milo match rod which will suffice as a float rod but have been looking at feeder rods for local commercial lake and canal. For what I want to spend (around £50) I have seen the Shimano forcemaster and the Diawa Harrier. I would be grateful for and advice as to which of these, or something else would be good. Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

I belive the shimano mach xt feeder rods are very good for their price and I think they come for well under your £50 budget. I may well be wrong but I think they come with a bag, plastic tube and a made up sleeve.

I can't post links but you'll find them by searching ebay and google.

Good luck!

A nice cheap option is the garbolino rocket picker. It is very sensitive and ideal for canals where the fish are shy biting. I have the shortest length one and it has handled double figure carp down to small roach with ease. Its a pleasure to fish with. Nice and short for commercials too where peg space may be limited.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I would advise go easy for a while, fishing / casting feeders can be tiring work when fish a re having it.

Invest in a 3 or 4m whip and for first few weeks on bank take it easy using this method for the small stuff on the canal.

When feeling a bit fitter move on to the waggler and get the hang of handling a rod, casting, feathering the line, striking and playing / landing fish - again on canal.

then fish the waggler at a commercial - bigger fish - harder fight.

Once feeling even more fitter then move on to feeder fishing.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I echo Rudds post 100% - been there with the "Ticker" thing!! I have a stent after a CA 3 years ago.

Spent near on 4 days on Life Support Machine! (Wife had the policies out lol)

Maybe after 6 months or so "Sprat Bashing" you'd be more able to handle the feeder. (Believe you me - as I'm sure you know already - these things knock the stuffing out of you)

The Drennan Red,10 or 11 foot Carp feeder is just the ticket & comes in at exactly £50.

With Hindsight, maybe wish I'd bought the 11 footer?? Not sure??

I bought the 10 foot one - comes with 2 push in tips, 1 1/2 oz & 2 oz.

Take it easy bud, & please don't push yourself too early!!

Take good care.

Martin.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Hi Steve, I echo Rudds post 100% - been there with the "Ticker" thing!! I have a stent after a CA 3 years ago.

Spent near on 4 days on Life Support Machine! (Wife had the policies out lol)

Maybe after 6 months or so "Sprat Bashing" you'd be more able to handle the feeder. (Believe you me - as I'm sure you know already - these things knock the stuffing out of you)

The Drennan Red,10 or 11 foot Carp feeder is just the ticket & comes in at exactly £50.

With Hindsight, maybe wish I'd bought the 11 footer?? Not sure??

I bought the 10 foot one - comes with 2 push in tips, 1 1/2 oz & 2 oz.

Take it easy bud, & please don't push yourself too early!!

Take good care.

Martin.

PS - The "Drennan Red", "Non Slip" Even When Wet Landing Net Handles are also Excellent!!

Very Robust & Strong. The Non Slip thing comes from a Grit/Ground Glass thing impregnated into the blank of the handle.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!