Amlwch

Chris Thoel

Not really sure if anyone on the forum fishes the Anglesey area. Hopefully someone does and can give you some information.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Not long until ill be in amlwch just wondered if anyone had fished the area and knows if anything is being caught ?

:fishing1: Fished it years ago, a haven for dogfish, treble shots, some good bull huss and if you get a good skipper, loads of tope. Rays can be targeted if required. If mackerel are scarce, herring is a good alternative bait. :fishing1:

Edited by Norm B

• 3 weeks later...

Fish it quite a lot from the boats and the breakwater is good for mini species and Conger at night.

Plenty of Tope and big Huss being caught .. last time out about 3 weeks ago we had 16 species on the boat.

I used to live in Llanfwrog on Anglesey, mostly beachcasted on incoming tides for the bass and did ok. I used to fish off the rocks in church bay (it was always nice and quiet) for other species or the breakwater for doggies, huss etc, the doggies where relentless sometimes. I remember one chap had an octopus off the breakwater lol.

If you go round to the power station outlet you can have large numbers of bass using spinners and other lures...great fun but most of them used to be small schoolies. Both the inlets/outlets to the inland sea are good for various species on incoming and outgoing tides. One good method for bass was trotting a raglu under a bubble float at any time of day really but again fishing the tides was the best for catching.