Fishing a new venue

Fishplate 42

I fished Monk Lakes' Bridge Lake on Wednesday. Since I took up fishing, getting on for two years ago, I have been fishing mainly at one commercial venue. Fishing this new-to-me water was a bit of an eye opener. The whole story of the day can be found HERE. Having never fished a lake of this size before, I was not sure how to tackle it.

If you were going to a new venue, for the first time what would you take with you? I took a van load of tackle but I could have done with the stuff I left behind!

Monk Lakes website is HERE if you want to see how the lake is stocked.

Next time I go to a new water, I will be taking everything with me... Or maybe I will just stick to the waters I know, but that would not be very adventurous - would it?

Ralph wink.png

It was T H I S big, honest!

My Blog

Would do my homework first then turn up prepared.

Device venue, ring local tackle shops, search internet and post on forums.

Once fished an inter club match on the other clubs main water with a list of bait bans and rules.

Also had a hangover from a wedding the night before, finished second and my mate came first.

A few weeks before I quizzed one of their club members who happened to be beach fishing next to me, going was slow so we had a long chat and I learnt a lot about the water, expected species and the competition!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!