Outer Space....and....who are you...

Tigger

Ken Ken Ken your just countering one opinion with another LOL wiki isnt gospel its made up by mortals opinions ,mind you 98%of everything is just opinion

I like to use Wikipedia because it is universally accessible and because using it infuriates people/

The guy won a Nobel prize for his work on the expanding universe and turned physics and cosmology on their heads in the process.

Go look up the research if it makes you happy.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Theres good bullshine and normal bullshine Newt

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I like to use Wikipedia because it is universally accessible and because using it infuriates people/

The guy won a Nobel prize for his work on the expanding universe and turned physics and cosmology on their heads in the process.

Go look up the research if it makes you happy.

I have better things to do Ken ,i will leave space for spaceists sitting slack jawed and hand down trousers whenever some unproven opinion of the day pops up

When a black hole comes up my path and demands a quid for a cup of coffee i might take notice

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Show me one without the words ,may,could,should,presume,presumed,presumably,perhaps,undecided,controversial, unproven,might,reportedly,in my opinion,in xxxses opinion,questionable ,indefinate,unsure,divided opinion,open to question,borderline,indecisive,contradictable and any other phrase sentence or word for not knowing for sure

Ooh missed one "supposebly" in the dicac mine opinion

Not knowing for sure is what science is about. Those who claim to "know for sure" are usually talking out of their ass.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

Chesters1, I do have answers for your questions. Much like Tigger I have pondered this question time and again. I have answered it completely to my satisfaction. As a matter of fact, I even know the source of dark matter (another thread).

As for Ken and Cory, don't worry Newt. The more complex and convoluted an explanation is the more likely it becomes subject to the Chesters1 50/50 explanation.

I congered up my explanation on my own (between age 7 and 75). I like it and it doesn't take any math.

Phone

All,

Chesters1, I do have answers for your questions. Much like Tigger I have pondered this question time and again. I have answered it completely to my satisfaction. As a matter of fact, I even know the source of dark matter (another thread).

As for Ken and Cory, don't worry Newt. The more complex and convoluted an explanation is the more likely it becomes subject to the Chesters1 50/50 explanation.

I congered up my explanation on my own (between age 7 and 75). I like it and it doesn't take any math.

Phone

Plenty of time for your opinion to change to the opposite then LOL ,its a bit like that buddist chap ,hey guys do you know that stuff i have been telling you for 70 years to obey ,forget it all i want it done like this from now on!

Not knowing for sure is what science is about. Those who claim to "know for sure" are usually talking out of their ass.

So wheres the punishment for being wrong? If i say i will clean a car and dont hopefully i am punished but if some "scientist" gets headline news (and probably a pay rise) that "x" exists and its later found out it does not why isnt he punished? Stripped of everything he gained after making this false statement ,publicly humiliated and flogged on the street

It seems to me half the scientific community are making a living merely on opinion but not proving anything to justify it,maths can and do predict something but until its actually whitnessed its just opinion ,maths predicted heavier than air machines could fly but until one did it was unproven conjecture

I remember with delight carl sagan on tv but in reality good as it was 99.9% was and is opinion ,perhaps our efforts should be keeping ones mouth shut until it was fact not making money on nothing but words thats what politicians do

I feel especially sorry for these poor souls with cancer hanging desperately on long after they should have peacably died when some headline was on the tv or paper that a "possible" cure for their problem "could" be on the horizon(knowing full well even if it was possible there were years of testing ahead) why not just say ,hey weve got a cure for X here it is or is that not good for business?

Ps regarding cancer i would admit i would fight to the very last and take anything (anything) i thought may cure me (even magic) whilst it maybe ok for me perhaps my insistance not to die when it was best would not be good for my mrs ,i remember the agonising over whether a pillow was the best option as my mum lay as a vegetable for 6 months incase a cure suddenly appereared ,although would a brain dead morphine addicted vegetable be a substitute for her? To be human is very hard ,our insistance to be above animals really is not the best way to be we bring suffering on ourselves

Ps when doctors say there will be no pain they are lying to make you feel ok

Edited by chesters1

The universe is just an experiment, we are all inside a glass dome and watched by some super being.

We are all programmed to think we are the supreme beings in the universe, ! ! masters of our own destiny.

Nah we, the universe is just an experiment. :sun:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Chesters1,

Punishment is the opposite of reward. No reward is punishment for being wrong. Where's your id and ego man?

Tigger,

Looks like you'll not get a straight answer since light warps time.

Phone

No punishment has to be over and above merely not rewarding