• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi there guys I am looking round to try and find good spots on the river meden maun and poulterer does anyone have any knowledge of these rivers. Thanks.

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,153 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.  

Sorry, I don't know the area but there are almost certainly others on here who do and can offer suggestions.

I tweaked your title a little and moved the post to the Coarse section where it will get more looks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

Thankyou m8 I'm new to this so don't know how it works properly

#4 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,153 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Just glad to have you with us.  You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

When I first started here I didn't even notice I was in the wrong country and on the wrong side of the pond where the fishing styles and even most of the fish were unfamiliar.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#5 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

Lol thanks I did just notice you were from America no wonder you don't know those rivers haha

#6 AddictedToScopex

AddictedToScopex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, gym and software development. No time for anything else. =)

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Again I am not from those parts so don't know anything about the waters but welcome along. 

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

#7 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,083 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

Strange so few answers ,i had to look up the rivers i thought they were in ireland or further abroad so surprised where they are (i dont get out much) i am further south so not much good.

I suppose to some its 'their' river so dont give any help so it stays that way ?!

Edited by chesters1, 23 September 2016 - 10:38 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#8 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Have a look at this mate - if you haven't seen it already??

https://www.google.c...guJTlCZI7hidI6g

Looks begging to be fished the old fashioned way - Trotted with a small Porcupine float with Maggot & Caster would be a good start??

Nothing fancy IMO. :nono:

Edited by Martin56, 24 September 2016 - 09:29 AM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#9 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

Thanks guys I have fished the idle for quite a few years I like the visual aspect being able to see the fish ! I have found barble on the maun and meden aswell as the ryton but any info on other locations would be a great advantage . Thanks anyway !