Anyone in the UK who does custom fit breathable waders?

philocalist

As the title say ... does anyone know of a business in the UK who can make breathable chest waders to a custom fit without me having to sell off my youngest child?

Thanks

Preferably Nick, though it's likely to come down to price as I can currently get the non-breathable option made to measure for around £100 ... happy enough with that variant during mucky, colder weather, but I like the idea of breathables in the warmer months.

......... or I could lose about half my body weight :D

When I was looking at getting some made to measure breathables some kind soul pointed out that if you need to be wearing waders then you're going to be standing in water up to your waist and in the UK that is generally going to keep you cool enough.

I took their advice saved myself over £300 and haven't once regretted the decision.

Bought some from fishingwaders.Co.UK for about £90 and they've been brilliant.

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• 3 weeks later...

So.... just to round this one off (if anyone else out there is contemplating the custom-made route due to body size etc) ... I found a surprisingly easy solution after being pointed to the Snowbee site. Much of their range is offered in an 'FB' ... 'Full Body' ... fitting at no extra cost.

Size elevens will accomodate a chest size of 52 - 56 inches (and slightly bigger at the hips), depending on the model chosen ... I got a pair of the Granite Neoprene chesties with the combination cleated heel / felt sole, and they will EASILY accomodate a 60" chest, even with warm clothes on.

Whatever you do, check out their 'Sales' page (though it's apparently updated very infrequently ... mine are listed at £199.99, normally seem to retal at about 20 quid or so below this ... and I paid just FORTY-FIVE quid ... including next day delivery ... so a VERY happy bunny indeed :punk: