6 replies to this topic

#1 Bobj

Bobj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, fossicking and photography

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:47 AM

Experimenting with my Panasonic DMC FZ7 camera and tried using picture size and quality; 3.5 MB, are too 'big' to be uploaded to Photobucket...How can I downsize to be accepted by said photobucket, please?

Have been using the lowest form of quality in the past and no troubles uploading.

Cheers, Bobj.

#2 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

When I use Photobucket, I will usually have first cropped a pic and then quite often re-sized it, this in itself make the file size smaller but also when I resize a pic I can choose to save it at a lower compression - 95% makes a much smaller file than 100% and is perfectly good enough for the internet.

Just as an experiment I went off and found a pic larger than 3.5mb (it's 3.94mb) and uploaded it to Photobucket without any trouble.

It's not the best pic in the world, just the first one I found larger than 3.5mb.

IMG_0559_zpsewxsinbk.jpg

#3 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

I should have added, I usually use this program for titivating pics, you can either download it or do it online at their website.

#4 Bobj

Bobj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, fossicking and photography

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for that, ayjay. Will give that a try.

Got around it by downloading to my 'useless' computer (full of virusessss) and using Picasa, then transferring back to my laptop.

Cheers, Bobj.

#5 Dave H

Dave H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

When I use Photobucket, I will usually have first cropped a pic and then quite often re-sized it, this in itself make the file size smaller but also when I resize a pic I can choose to save it at a lower compression - 95% makes a much smaller file than 100% and is perfectly good enough for the internet.

Just as an experiment I went off and found a pic larger than 3.5mb (it's 3.94mb) and uploaded it to Photobucket without any trouble.

It's not the best pic in the world, just the first one I found larger than 3.5mb.

IMG_0559_zpsewxsinbk.jpg

Stunning as usual AJ .

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

#6 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,934 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

I have given up trying to post pictures or upload videos ,you take a nice raw picture of something then bugger it up trying to reduce it to a few k so you can upload it on here and do a nice 1080p movie and see its filled a 16 gb memory after half an hour card then theres either no where to upload it to or your bloody connection breaks at 98% 2 days later if you do.

Strange how cameras have not gone the way i want ,the pictures get bigger but i want more detail

Edited by chesters1, 14 October 2016 - 10:32 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#7 Dave H

Dave H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

I agree with you i think many more people would upload their photo's on here if there was a much simpler system that did some how not degrade the photo

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon