U.S. Election

Sportsman

Dave,

far far means not close not close - He is a populist - libertarian-leaning conservative. I've seen his comparative scores range from 35% to 78% as a Republican. He just borrowed they're party long enough to get elected on his own merit. He'll probably return the label pretty quickly.

Phone

I think your spot on there Phone he is no more a Republican that you or I are, he is just an opportunist.

I've a serious question for you. Why do you tnink that it is some of the poorest people in your nation, people so poor that they will probably never be able to buy their own home and have to live in a trailer, vote for a political party that does not give a flying monkeys for them?

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

No not really, I just can't stand people who spout bullshine over and over again. You think your clever and in reality your just thick.

Says the man who doesn't know how to spell "you're" ??

• Like 1

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Says the man who doesn't know how to spell "you're" ??

I'll wager that he wouldn't know an Inner Hebridean Island from an Outer Hebridean Island either mate.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory,

On topic, The amazing thing is that he pretty much did it all by himself. Old Guard Republicans left him like rats off a sinking ship. Regardless of all else - you must have enormous admiration for him and his plan. Well done The Donald. Long live the King.

Phone

Cory,

On topic, The amazing thing is that he pretty much did it all by himself. Old Guard Republicans left him like rats off a sinking ship. Regardless of all else - you must have enormous admiration for him and his plan. Well done The Donald. Long live the King.

Phone

Sorry if I'm a bit repetitive ;)

I've a serious question for you. Why do you tnink that it is some of the poorest people in your nation, people so poor that they will probably never be able to buy their own home and have to live in a trailer, vote for a political party that does not give a flying monkeys for them?

Cory,

It is just half time. And here you thought the American Civil War was over. 5 promises: Build "the wall" - jail Hillary - ban Muslims - repeal Obama Care - and - drum roll please - “Make America Great Again!”. He used 'we the people' as his foil.

The poor folks though it meant a "chicken in every pot". They don't realize he means for them to get off welfare asses and take the jobs currently held by immigrants.

Phone

BTW, Newt can give you more insight on the depth of dislike for Hillary in the South. Far more serious than I imagined.

Dave,

My apologizes but we danced on a rather gloomy day. I'm better. Fascism and communism are two rival gangs fighting over the same territory. Fascism is considered by scholars to be right-wing because of its social conservatism and authoritarian means of opposing egalitarianism. (so we don't get tangled in words again - egalitarianism: "believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities".

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I kinda think you were thinking Nazism. Obviously there pretty much is a universal opinion on Nazi Fascist radical superioUrity doctrine.

Fascism is not a bad thing - just a bad word (don't use it). Boiled down to an antonym I'd select the word "nationalistic"

Phone

Dave,

My apologizes but we danced on a rather gloomy day. I'm better. Fascism and communism are two rival gangs fighting over the same territory. Fascism is considered by scholars to be right-wing because of its social conservatism and authoritarian means of opposing egalitarianism. (so we don't get tangled in words again - egalitarianism: "believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities".

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I kinda think you were thinking Nazism. Obviously there pretty much is a universal opinion on Nazi Fascist radical superioUrity doctrine.

Fascism is not a bad thing - just a bad word (don't use it). Boiled down to an antonym I'd select the word "nationalistic"

Phone

So when General Franco invited the Luftwaffe to bomb his own countrymen in 1937 during the Spanish Civil War was that a good thing?

He ain't building no wall. The man is full of BS but some Americans seem to have aquired a taste for bovine fecal matter.

But they didn't just do it this time the poor whites in the south ALWAYS vote GOP. I don't get it.

Cory,

It is just half time. And here you thought the American Civil War was over. 5 promises: Build "the wall" - jail Hillary - ban Muslims - repeal Obama Care - and - drum roll please - “Make America Great Again!”. He used 'we the people' as his foil.

The poor folks though it meant a "chicken in every pot". They don't realize he means for them to get off welfare asses and take the jobs currently held by immigrants.

Phone

BTW, Newt can give you more insight on the depth of dislike for Hillary in the South. Far more serious than I imagined.

Edited by corydoras

I'd separate "why have lots of white working class folks voted Trump" from "why do lots of southern white working class folks persistently vote Republican".

Former - they're p!ssed off.

Latter - they're socially conservative and are voting for their beliefs rather than their welfare.

Would be my guess.

Edited by Steve Walker