mobile phone

The Flying Tench

Knowing what i weighed 3 weeks ago did it for me where can i buy one.

Trouble is having all your eggs in one basket can result in all your eggs getting pinched because you leave a door open.

Do yourself a favour get a blackphone and only you will see your eggs ,please dont tell me you use online banking or buy stuff with it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If it gets pinched, it's at least as secure as anything else I own (more so than the cards in my wallet), and in any case I can brick it remotely. And then get a new one on the insurance, restore it from backup and be back where I was.

Those new contactless cards are a weakness ,i read somewhere the hackers can now pinch your money from feet away rather than cms so mine lives in an RF shielded sleeve ! I did have a very suspicious person come up to me in the street while i was leaning on railings waiting for the bus ,he got so close our shoulders touched ,i thought he was after my wallet but later it dawned on me he might have been trying to contact my card to grab £20 (lucky its in its sleeve) if its a couple of feet its easy pickings in a crowded tube or bus

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes, I've seen demos of that vulnerability too - not to mention that if they nick it they can make a number of £30 payments without your PIN. At least if I do make a contactless payment using my phone, I have to give it my thumbprint to do it!

Those new contactless cards are a weakness ,i read somewhere the hackers can now pinch your money from feet away rather than cms so mine lives in an RF shielded sleeve ! I did have a very suspicious person come up to me in the street while i was leaning on railings waiting for the bus ,he got so close our shoulders touched ,i thought he was after my wallet but later it dawned on me he might have been trying to contact my card to grab £20 (lucky its in its sleeve) if its a couple of feet its easy pickings in a crowded tube or bus

put card over a light, find the RF antenna, drill a hole through it.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I've seen demos of the ability to communicate with an RFID card at close range. It wasn't an actual theft.

Still, at least we know that crooks can't get hold of merchant accounts, so have no fear of giving your card details to Windows support scammers...

I've seen demos of the ability to communicate with an RFID card at close range. It wasn't an actual theft.

Still, at least we know that crooks can't get hold of merchant accounts, so have no fear of giving your card details to Windows support scammers...

But chesters1 claims he "read somewhere the hackers can now pinch your money from feet away rather than cms".

So who do I beleive? chesters1's unamed source or one of the organisations that provide the service?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Don't know - there are commercial card readers intended for applications like car park barriers with a 45cm range, I've no idea what could be cooked up. My assumption is that anyone doing this would do it in a crowd at close range.

Note that I have contactless cards and a normal wallet, it's not something I'm losing sleep over.