Winter Clothing Recommendations?

Rusty

Nothing like a recommendation thread to generate some activity.

My old army surplus gear is fine at keeping the rain out but not very warm, not designed for anglers and to be honest I feel a bit silly in the camo gear. I haven’t fished much since the cold snap because my clothing isn’t up to it. I’m looking for a two piece set up (preferably salopettes with braces) which is waterproof, practical (hand warmer pockets) and warm – budget up to £150 but willing to spend more for something exceptional. I want to be able to roam about in it so nothing designed for static fishing if there are such things.

I’ve only had a quick look around at these suits, the pro-logic doesn’t get good reviews

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/westlake-superwarm6-suit-p356716

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/trakker-core-multi-suit-p400288

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/trakker-f32-combi-suit-p286817

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/pl-comfort-thermal-suit-p182322

Any ideas?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I have Pro-Logic Thermo Armour Salopettes and a Deerhunter jacket that have kept me warm and dry for a few years. The jacket has so many pockets I can easily lose stuff in them !

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Rusty,

Would you consider a "base, mid, outer" layered set up? Or just "one piece" gear? Not particularly a fan of "one piece does all the jobs". Perhaps that is because our extremes are such a wide variation of temperatures.

Phone

Pipe, dressing gown, seal-skin slippers

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I have the PRESTON INNOVATIONS, DRI FISH CELSIUS it comes as a suit - separate coat with Bib & Brace Trousers which come up to the Chest.

I've Never been cold in winter & really toasty warm.

I paid £120 for the set.

The tackle shop also sold me a separate coat (£80) which I use for going to work & knocking about in.

To clean it - can't machine wash - just a bucket of soapy water & yard brush!! - As advised by Tommyruffe (BoldBear also knows HIM from our joint previous forum membership)

Though I've never had to clean mine so far & had it about 4 years.

Looks like the Newer & Improved versions to mine are now available.

Here's a Link just to give you a taste :-

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj-_eDu59HQAhUmKcAKHb2tDBoQFghEMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tackleuk.co.uk%2FShop%2FClothingWaterproofs%2FPreston-Innovations-Dri-Fish-Celsius-Suit-.htm&usg=AFQjCNHkGBZp3K1coPp2ZQs5czCWs_aBKA&sig2=gJOP67nqNJgkrdZchQWEvA

I'd maybe advise to try one on in a shop rather than buy online - unless you're certain of your size???

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Vagabond,

Reminds me - I had an ankle length slicker that was waterproofed with oil from some sort of god-awful smelling creature. As I remember, although I'm now guessing, it may have been some kind of bird oil/fat. Really can't remember. Coat weighed about 30 lbs.

Anyway, even the horses shied away from me. Oddly, I felt very macho whilst wearing it.

Phone

I have a one piece suite used for working in freezers ,its very warm but not very waterproof ,it was snug a few years ago so I guess a bit tight now!!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have a one piece suite used for working in freezers ,its very warm but not very waterproof ,it was snug a few years ago so I guess a bit tight now!!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson