Thousands of Spoons & Blades!

Martin56

These are the pic's of samples of everything I now have at home - there's plenty to go at - I have very many but still a fraction of the total.

Spoon section is approx' 1/16"

Please play fair with the other members who've shown an Interest. though more than enough for sensible, self use orders. Due to this busy season, I won't be starting to send any till New Year Colours are much brighter than the pic's suggest - I'm an Engineer, not a photographer lol.

Thanks.

SANY0014_zpsvcvrotvr.jpg

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Unfortunately - Battery's flattened on camera - will post pic to give you an Idea of my actual stock at home.

I have 4,000 of those little blade attachment thingies bottom right of pic 2,000- gold - 2,000 silver (if that's what they're for???) so you'll get a more than enough of those.They're drilled on ends so maybe to allow rotation of the blade??

Colours are much brighter than the pic's suggest - I'm an Engineer, not a photographer lol.

Like I said, not even thinking about mailing goods till new year but you can PM your requirements so I can make a start with the packing - while I'm off work between now & new year.

Don't pay till you've received the goods & you're happy.

I'm thinking right now a fiver or cheque in the post will about cover most?? (I'm not doing PayPal) I'll have a better idea when i take the first orders & have them weighed at the post office.

Not even bothered if a slight loss. I just want to share this stuff with Anglers who will make good use of it.

Apologies for double posting of the photo's - Long time since I did it (on the forum I used to be on).

Enjoy.

Martin.

Edited by Martin56

Martin,

Very nice gesture.

We Yanks will make lure fishermen out of you Brits yet. Do you have spools of wire with an id/od match to the rings with drilled holes. Some of mine look crimped others look braised. Are the holes in the blades sharp or finished?

All,

Now days those blanks can be painted - even glo-paint is available. They are super nice. Haven't seen the spoons yet but I bet they are equal quality.

Phone

Edit: Ohh I forgot I was going to mention this up in the post. These are the basis of a Huge jewelry market in the US. Thinking of Philo with time on his hands. He could become the next Picasso of costume jewelry.

Edited by Phone

Hi phone thanks, the big 3 scale patterned ones top left are what I/we would call spoons.They are drilled both ends ready for split rings/ hooks.

The blades are the finished article re the hole & I no I have no wire for the rings.

Edited by Martin56

No need to take them to the Post Office. Weigh the package on kitchen scales and look up the cost on the Royal Mail website. I find if it is close to one weight limit I use the next one up to avoid receivers paying the excess

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Martin, all,

For the little "U" shaped thingys. I was scrounging about and noticed Vibrex (Rapela) uses a "U" on the blade. Is the hole drilled in the side of the wire "U's" Martin?

Hole drilled in both ends = spoon as best I can find in my collection (not collectibles, just collection).

Good luck to those willing to experiment. It should be a really fun project. I'd bet there are several "how to" sights on google.

Phone

Yes Phone, the wire U's are drilled right through, &, as I suspected they're for the blades like you say.

Me too. The blades rather than spoons for me however as I do not really fish spoons.

You are more than welcome to take blades only mate though not sure how they'll work on their own??

Maybe you have some ABU Droppen type bodies you can attach then to??. Or maybe you have some other Ideas. like Spinner baits.

Edited by Martin56