Thousands of Spoons & Blades!

Martin56

ALL.

This gear could well have ended up in a skip!! (that's the scrap bin Phone) - I'm really glad it didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully - Us Brits can teach you Yanks to appreciate the more subtle side of Angling!!!

It appears it's a much gentler art over here, though our aims have much in common!! :love:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Need to go down to Homebase tomorrow for some wire, far cheaper than getting it from a tackle shop.... Plus beads and split rings from Amazon.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Received my wire today and my first job is going to be to repair some existing spinners I have and maybe modify them a bit by fitting two blades instead of one. Always done much better on dual blade spinners. The possibilities are endless now :)

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I used to have great fun as a kid going to jumble sales buying spoons and converting them to lures ,got some great wobbles making the front hole off center but i never used wire it was haed to find ,copper was to soft so i copied mepps but my lovely wobbles then caused so much problems with the hooks flying about they never really go fished ,damn fine decorations or one snap and gone bits of crap but reall spoons never did have the real dimensions to work properly although a set of six fluted bowl ones did sparkle dragging them through the water its just a shame pike didnt think they were fine enough to eat!

Balsa wood plugs were next boy they were a disapointment! As were elderberry wood floats ,damn those magazines and long long close season

The excitement going out early to try themnthe gut wrenching disapointment coming home !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I Accidentally knelt on one of the blades during packing so didn't sent it to anyone, it did however put an Interesting "Kink" across it!! :g:

I'm just wondering now, how it would perform in the water??

Edited by Martin56

Here's some Ideas for Spinner Baits - maybe not too popular over here but Pike would have a go at these, as shown is some of the pic's.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spinnerbaits&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB610GB610&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWk9K7sonSAhUjLsAKHV_LDn4QsAQITg

Some of these would perhaps look more at home on the Christmas Tree. :idea:

Edited by Martin56

All,

Martin, You are exactly correct.

There is a reason we are not fiddly in most things "sporting". We are enormously blessed with natures bounty. We abuse and abuse resources and still the USA packs spectacular biodiversity within its borders.

I will be taking a road trip beginning March 11th through March 19th. It is a trip I take repeatedly. We will spend most of our time with a half a million Sand Hill Cranes on their migration from Central America to Siberia. For fishing, a day in South Dakota as a favorite stream. It has wild brook trout that are a race found only in this stream.

I will come back both refreshed and ashamed. I wish every sportsman in the world could see in a lifetime what I will see in a week.

Phone

All,

Martin, You are exactly correct.

There is a reason we are not fiddly in most things "sporting". We are enormously blessed with natures bounty. We abuse and abuse resources and still the USA packs spectacular biodiversity within its borders.

I will be taking a road trip beginning March 11th through March 19th. It is a trip I take repeatedly. We will spend most of our time with a half a million Sand Hill Cranes on their migration from Central America to Siberia. For fishing, a day in South Dakota as a favorite stream. It has wild brook trout that are a race found only in this stream.

I will come back both refreshed and ashamed. I wish every sportsman in the world could see in a lifetime what I will see in a week.

Phone

So no hovering over the polluted river wey then ,we have a lady from texas in the village we can use as translator

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson