Centre Pin Problem

76jerry

Can you confirm, is it the tackle right on the bridge or the one further into the town across from the pub, they are both very near to each other. The one I tend to visit is the shop run by a lady. It has a great choice of river floats. I hope it is not this one else I will have to stock up as I cannot get these makes locally.

It is the one run most of the time by a lady was in there today stocking up on hard to find floats you have until the end of January to get down there floats already starting to thin out some bargains to be had.Had a play with an antique Allcocks could not believe how free running it was but it weighed a ton men must have been men in those days.

How did you get them to keep spinning as well as put the cloth over the camera and fire off the flash?

Should have quoted i am referring ofcourse to the reels on the board

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

So, 76jerry, is the problem reel problem solved or are you "stuck" with a lemon reel?

Phone

The reason I ask is that at coffee I introduced this subject of high end quality customer service and the industry in the US is not getting very high marks. Seems your 'story' can be repeated time and again.

As we speak reel has been sent back Youngs for a new hub and spindle but I do not hold out much hope of it being sorted as this will be the third time. Let youngs know all they have to do is put five no 4 shot on the line and set the reel in motion it always stops in the same spot and will need a gentle tug to set in motion again. Been playing with a lot of centre pins in tackle shops from antique Aerials to Hardys and Youngs bearing reels and they are all free running with no tight spot.

Reckon this is a Lemon

Also noticed the tackle shop that I bought it from is now asking for full price now for there Atoms whichis hundred quid more than I paid for mine

Jerry, seriously bud, I would have insisted on my money back and put the money towards another reel.

Anyhow, it's to late now so fingers crossed for you that the reel comes back to your satisfaction :). Let us know how you go on!

• 3 weeks later...

My reel is finally back from Youngs looks like they have changed the hub and spindle and is now the reel it should have been, 4 no 4 shot set it in motion with no more tight spots . Love the traditional look of this reel but the acid test will be when I have used it a few times. Youngs have given me a new soft reel case lost mine first time out and a new line guard with screws after I cut the bars off the old line guard Youngs have also fitted some shorter screws so have no holes were the line guard was.Would like to say I am a happy bunny but why did it take three goes to get right .

My reel is finally back from Youngs looks like they have changed the hub and spindle and is now the reel it should have been, 4 no 4 shot set it in motion with no more tight spots . Love the traditional look of this reel but the acid test will be when I have used it a few times. Youngs have given me a new soft reel case lost mine first time out and a new line guard with screws after I cut the bars off the old line guard Youngs have also fitted some shorter screws so have no holes were the line guard was.Would like to say I am a happy bunny but why did it take three goes to get right .

I'm curious why you cut the line guard off?...you only need to unscrew it to remove it. In all honesty jerry I'm amazed they gave you another guard etc after that lol.

Glad to hear your sorted though, good luck with it :).

It might of been a bit of a problem if you did try to get your money back with the modifications and lost reel pouch.

I hope this has sorted it for you, if it has then I think young's has been understanding and given good service. I have failed to get Cotswolds to replace a pair of leaking boots with a life time warranty on the Gortex due to a scuffed toe!!

Did you unscrew and remove the line guard before modifying? If not I was wondering how you held it whilst you cut it.

Now its working can we have some feedback on its use, I was interested in these specially as the Revolver was supposed to be so good.