• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave H

Dave H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

If i was sent a photo to my mobile can i tell by having it what date and time it was taken?

Obviously the taker knows but is there a way of finding out as the receiver?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

#2 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,092 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

Only if you can recover the exif data from the photo - (and at a guess, that probably depends on the camera being set to the correct date/time).

#3 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,092 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

Only if you can recover the exif data from the photo - (and at a guess, that probably depends on the camera being set to the correct date/time).

That was a good guess as it turns out: but it can be manipulated.

http://www.craig.cop...if_datetime.htm

#4 Andy_1984

Andy_1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,094 posts
  • Interests:Yer wife.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

you might be surprised at what info is actually embeded into photos taken BY a phone. if the pic was taken BY a phone chances are its got loads of data in it. Dave Lumbs always catching folk out with GPS data embeded in exif data of trophy shots of fish :lol:

get the file on to the PC and right click and select properties then select details.

if your phone is modern (android for example) you can look for an "info" or "Details" option when looking at the pic.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

#5 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,948 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

you might be surprised at what info is actually embeded into photos taken BY a phone. if the pic was taken BY a phone chances are its got loads of data in it. Dave Lumbs always catching folk out with GPS data embeded in exif data of trophy shots of fish :lol:

get the file on to the PC and right click and select properties then select details.

if your phone is modern (android for example) you can look for an "info" or "Details" option when looking at the pic.

Whilst on the topic of gps when i use my gps enabled camera the picture is accompanied with a text file whats it used for?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#6 Andy_1984

Andy_1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,094 posts
  • Interests:Yer wife.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Dunno. Have you opened it ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

#7 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,948 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

Dunno. Have you opened it ?

Lots of stuff ,i will post one tomorrow ,i asked because if the gps data is contained in the exif info theres no need for the file ,i presume its info for fuji software to plot it in its inbuilt map data ?
Strangely you cannot import the info into google earth which seems a yawning chasm of a mistake for fuji ,who the hell uses fuji stuff when theres google earth?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson