Are bait boats worth the money?

wellyphant

If model airplanes are cheaper what about a drone, or a Dam Busters type bomber to drop bait over the target :bleh:

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Welly,

I guess the answer to your question "are bait boats worth the money" is really simple.

Is ANY of your kit worth the money. Would a bait boat add to the excitement and enjoyment you experience whilst fishing.

Phone

Phone, Yes some of my kit has been worth the money.

For example, I have a profile brollie made by Aqua Products which I bought about twenty years ago, still going strong and will probably still have a few more years left in it.

I wasn't thinking of buying a bait boat to add to the excitement or enjoyment, it was just to improve my chances of catching a fish by getting my bait beyond casting range, allow me to use large (uncastable) baits, fish where casting isn't possible (beneath overhanging trees) , allowing me drop some extra attraction like chopped up sardines along with by deadbait and enabling me to lightly hook my deadbaits so that the hooks come away easily on the strike.

I know one would definitely give me an advantage, I'm just not sure I want to pay so much money for what is basically a plastic box containing some basic electronics.

For the cost of a bait boat you can almost certainly buy a full sized inflatable dinghy which will allow access for you as an angler as well as bait placement. Indeed you can get second hand dinghies for a great deal less than a baitboat and a real boat will be a great deal more useful. For a pike angler a boat is a must, fishing at close quarters has a great deal to commend it. The only advantage of a baitboat is that when things get slow is that you can play with the thing!