big_cod

All,

That didn't take long.

For cause:
It invokes the attack of 9/11/2001
America’s Founders were “Pro Immigration”
It defines what non- US citizens should believe
It Targets 7 countries [none in North America]
Some people are exempt – i.e. C2 (foreign diplomats)
Homeland Security can expand the “named” countries
It extends to ALL Refugees
It prioritizes Christian refugees as "better"
All Syrian’s are detrimental to the United States interests (including Christian Syrian's.
It caps the total number of refugees in a fiscal year.
It ends by saying if anything in this order is against the law I was just kidding around

We can discuss any particular section that interest you. Each line is a "topic" in the Order.

Phone

I am not talking (bitching as you so nicely put it) about the Saudis because this thread is about Trump and the US, get with the programme. There are lots of dodgy regimes globally which we could talk about,but we 'ain't. Feel free to start threads about them.

no thanks I'll stay programme free and not follow the sheeple.

Cory,

The 24th amendment is the abolishment of "poll taxes". As far as I am aware the last state to use poll taxes was Oklahoma. Indians had to pay to vote.

Not sure if you've got the right amendment or I am missing the joke.

Phone

All,

Right now, in the United States, it is not the substance of President Trumps actions that are especially disagreeable. Without training and an explanation the "doer" level is having to "do" what they think it means. Chaotic is the term that best comes to mind - at say - airports and borders.

Just my own opinion probably fewer than 500 people actually, physically, have been inconvenienced.

His operating like a loose cannon without discussion or consultation. National Parks, immigration, the wall, etc. etc.whilst ignoring the "loyal opposition". A federal bureaucracy is a cumbersome, slow moving, animal. We are not accustom to a scatter gun approach. It is, AT BEST un-nerving.

Reactionary micromanagement and "alternative facts" are the by-words of the day.

Phone

Hopefully it will work out. We will become accustom to his style. Or not.

All,

Right now, in the United States, it is not the substance of President Trumps actions that are especially disagreeable. Without training and an explanation the "doer" level is having to "do" what they think it means. Chaotic is the term that best comes to mind - at say - airports and borders.

Just my own opinion probably fewer than 500 people actually, physically, have been inconvenienced.

His operating like a loose cannon without discussion or consultation. National Parks, immigration, the wall, etc. etc.whilst ignoring the "loyal opposition". A federal bureaucracy is a cumbersome, slow moving, animal. We are not accustom to a scatter gun approach. It is, AT BEST un-nerving.

P

Reactionary micromanagement and "alternative facts" are the by-words of the day.

Phone

Hopefully it will work out. We will become accustom to his style. Or not.

Hopefully in his bumbling way he gets rid of 90% of the system that does nothing but get in the way of progress and hopefully when that happens and the america civil war 2 hasnt come about (or worse ww3) we can employ him to empty out the dross that does the same here

The only people inconvenienced will be those with non refundable tickets i for one would abolish multi nationality passports theres something strange about those wanting more than one!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cory,

The 24th amendment is the abolishment of "poll taxes". As far as I am aware the last state to use poll taxes was Oklahoma. Indians had to pay to vote.

Not sure if you've got the right amendment or I am missing the joke.

Phone

Phone

An error of typography. Try 25.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hopefully in his bumbling way he gets rid of 90% of the system that does nothing but get in the way of progress and hopefully when that happens and the america civil war 2 hasnt come about (or worse ww3) we can employ him to empty out the dross that does the same here

The only people inconvenienced will be those with non refundable tickets i for one would abolish multi nationality passports theres something strange about those wanting more than one!

It's not about "wanting more than one" it's about being entitled to more than one. My two were born in Southampton. I'm British, they have British birth certificates so are entitled to and hold British passports. Unnder French law the have a French mother so are entitled to French nationality and whilst the have French ID cards they do not at the moment have French passports. As far as I am aware they would not have to surrender their UK passports if they ever felt the need. Neither of them have a strong feeling of being French, my daughter has frequently told me that "I will never be one of them Dad".

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

It's not about "wanting more than one" it's about being entitled to more than one. My two were born in Southampton. I'm British, they have British birth certificates so are entitled to and hold British passports. Unnder French law the have a French mother so are entitled to French nationality and whilst the have French ID cards they do not at the moment have French passports. As far as I am aware they would not have to surrender their UK passports if they ever felt the need. Neither of them have a strong feeling of being French, my daughter has frequently told me that "I will never be one of them Dad".

I am concerned if officials here say take a suspected crooks passport they can simply use their other one ,mind you saying that i guess if you were desperate enough you would just buy a fake one LOL

The same applies coming in if the border lot are on the look out for mr x on a british passport they may miss mr x using his alternate one

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I am concerned if officials here say take a suspected crooks passport they can simply use their other one ,mind you saying that i guess if you were desperate enough you would just buy a fake one LOL

The same applies coming in if the border lot are on the look out for mr x on a british passport they may miss mr x using his alternate one

That's the way the p!ss-pot spills. There are no 100% foolproof systems, never have been, never will be. If someone says he can prove something 100% he is either full of it or does not understand what 100% means..

I can easily prove things its easy it depends on what it is within reason ,i have a beard and i can prove it 100% ,i cannot prove you have one even if i saw you 5 minutes ago ,in 5 minutes you could have shaved

Then we have to decide what a beard is lol

And ofcourse is my beard belonging to the person i say i am ,i could be wearing chesters1 beard on chesters2 i just faked

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1