Microsoft Browser

Am I right that this is a new thing with Windows 10? It all feels a bit dodgy, for example their trick of having a logo almost identical to the Internet Explorer one. But come to think of it, isn't Internet Explorer a Microsoft product anyway?

My wife has a bit of trouble on her PC, which I think is the anti-virus aspect of the Micosoft browser saying she can't access various legit websites. Do others get this? Am I right that the symbol for this is a shield?

john clarke

I'm not sure, Andy, but perhaps the former. She did say something about a padlock appearing before the https letters. But I've just looked up Internet Explorer, and I see it's discontinued, so that explains one thing. She can get the site using Firefox, but not Microsoft.

Thanks

John

john clarke

The padlock indicates a secure connection. If IE has been discontinued it might not be updating the ssl side of things. I think this could be the problem.

Remove the S from https and see if the site works. I wouldnt reccomend continuing to use it without a secure connection though! Also possible it wont work as some sites now insist ssl so will automaticaly put the S back.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Perhaps child restrictions are in place,also it maybe your virus checker nortons qukte often restricts me from visiting innocent sites which i then have to tell it its ok and it proceeds (probably mumbling to itself) and ofcourse theres sites out there decreed unsuitable by higher beings but revealed by circumventing the system used ,those nasty names with a Z at the end usually it used to be those torrent download sites but now some are quite respectable LOL

Never used edge i like firefox but its getting more and more bloated

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm not sure, Andy, but perhaps the former. She did say something about a padlock appearing before the https letters. But I've just looked up Internet Explorer, and I see it's discontinued, so that explains one thing. She can get the site using Firefox, but not Microsoft.

Thanks

John

Internet Explorer is included in Windows 10 if you still want or have a need to use it.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-find-internet-explorer-windows-10-if-you-really-need-it

Version 11.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote