Pole Elastic - Is Hydro Worth the Money?

Martin56

I really think its time I replaced the Elastic - I've had it on for 3 seasons.

I have the Shimano BeastMaster 8.5 metre Margin pole with 2 top 2's kitted out with #18 - 22 Hollow on one & #14 -16 Hollow on the other.

I'm thinking of splashing out on the BETTER??? Hydro.

I was very happy with the Hollow Elastic, but was wondering if the more expensive HYDRO is really that much better??

Because I bought the pole from my local shop, they said they'll re-fit the new stuff free of labour charges (I just have to pay for the elastic & connectors)

Any input will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Martin,

Since angling as a sport is about 50% confidence I'm wondering what the "BETTER" Hydro elastic costs? What's the difference between replacing with what you have had for 3 years vs the "better" Hydro? Now amortize the difference in cost between the two over the number of years or number of sessions you plan to fish.

If you're talking more than a penny a session you are not fishing often enough. Unless of course, the price of the new Hydro elastic keeps you from buying a pint of maggots.

Phone

Martin,

Since angling as a sport is about 50% confidence I'm wondering what the "BETTER" Hydro elastic costs? What's the difference between replacing with what you have had for 3 years vs the "better" Hydro? Now amortize the difference in cost between the two over the number of years or number of sessions you plan to fish.

If you're talking more than a penny a session you are not fishing often enough. Unless of course, the price of the new Hydro elastic keeps you from buying a pint of maggots.

Phone

Hi Phone - It's not about the money at all really - I've always plenty of money for fishing tackle (as pointed out by the wife at every opportunity lol)

Having watched a couple of YouTube tutorials, I'm going for the Black Daiwa Hydro & maybe the Grey or Blue. The Hydro stretches much more than the Hollow, meaning less Hook Pulls - I've just discovered (I have puller bungs fitted to take that up)

As I said at the start of the thread - it's a Margin Pole & need the stronger elastics using 5 - 8 lb hook lengths.

Edited by Martin56

Hi, good in open water, do not use in margins or snags.

It stretches to far and fast.

I use middy hi viz solid, does a fine job and cheap compared to overpriced hydro.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Hi, good in open water, do not use in margins or snags.

It stretches to far and fast.

I use middy hi viz solid, does a fine job and cheap compared to overpriced hydro.

Thanks for that advice RUDD yes I fish in the Margins most of the time - Prob just stick with replacing with what I'm already using then.

Thanks for that advice RUDD yes I fish in the Margins most of the time - Prob just stick with replacing with what I'm already using then.

The Hollow - mid price range, I'm using ATM - may, just shade the Solid??.

I've taken your advise on board though & Definitely won't go for the Hydro.

Thanks.

Martin.

The Hollow - mid price range, I'm using ATM - may, just shade the Solid??.

I've taken your advise on board though & Definitely won't go for the Hydro.

Thanks.

Martin.

Just as a matter of Interest RUDD - Have you tried the N' Tice Polony Meat??

I tried a tin one day last season but jury's out as no one was really catching on that particular day.

£2.99 for a 340g tin. (a bit dear really) - & had a lot of success with the cheap Garlic sausage from Jack Fulton's & Morrison's. They don't seem to want that so much now though!!