Factory Reset

Andrew

Beware of scammers. I done a factory reset on my mobile. Come boot up, updated no problem. Come to set it up again with my details.

All fine until i attempted to enter my g mail address, wrong password ? reset via pin verifacation, still would not work, tried it again but i was locked out for 24 hours, This has been going on since Sunday.

Go onto my provider this morning asking if a number change would work !. They put me thru to google help on 0800 031 4244, { DO NOT USE THAT NUMBER}

It refused to play ball so i called it off the land line.

Anyways to cut a long story short, my little Indian call centre chic put the phone down on me !! I caled again, this time a nice you Indian call centre operative answered. Told him to the best of my ability so he could understand me, he made no attempt to try and understand me. Right then to the juicy bits.

Sir your cellphone has been compromised, i need access to your PC. I said are you having a laugh, got round that bit, then he asked me for a HUNDRED QUID so that he could send me some software to recover my account. I told him to stop having a laugh, He continued to try and get me to give him my banking details.

My phobne is now dead as a dodo, had to go out and get a new one today.

How the hell my phone was compromised i dont know.

All i done was a factory reset and put my gmail address in and password, thats when the problem started.

Any idea,s anyone

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Just found THIS but i cannot remember if i had changed my password, still does not answer why " GOOGLE HELP " wanted a hundred quid of me to reset/recover my account.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

numpty, your phones not compromised you just put in the wrong password.

I tried to change 3 or four times following Google steps, still wont let me in.

“Vescere bracis meis”

Beware of scammers. I done a factory reset on my mobile. Come boot up, updated no problem. Come to set it up again with my details.

All fine until i attempted to enter my g mail address, wrong password ? reset via pin verifacation, still would not work, tried it again but i was locked out for 24 hours, This has been going on since Sunday.

Go onto my provider this morning asking if a number change would work !. They put me thru to google help on 0800 031 4244, { DO NOT USE THAT NUMBER}

It refused to play ball so i called it off the land line.

Anyways to cut a long story short, my little Indian call centre chic put the phone down on me !! I caled again, this time a nice you Indian call centre operative answered. Told him to the best of my ability so he could understand me, he made no attempt to try and understand me. Right then to the juicy bits.

Sir your cellphone has been compromised, i need access to your PC. I said are you having a laugh, got round that bit, then he asked me for a HUNDRED QUID so that he could send me some software to recover my account. I told him to stop having a laugh, He continued to try and get me to give him my banking details.

My phobne is now dead as a dodo, had to go out and get a new one today.

How the hell my phone was compromised i dont know.

All i done was a factory reset and put my gmail address in and password, thats when the problem started.

Any idea,s anyone

A virus in the reset. Same thing happened to my wife with her iphone 6. Did an update and her phone wouldn't work, Not a scam but Apple useless, "tried" to fix it but in the end they exchanged her "dead" phone for a new one for £299.

Makes you wonder if things like this are done on purpose.

• Like 1

“Vescere bracis meis”

:clap3:

“Vescere bracis meis”