Harrison 15' Gti turbo stepped up model

JV44

While I am sure you are right, I shall endeavour not to put it to the test!

Impact resistance is definitely a worthwhile consideration for small stream fly fishing. And for nymphing with bead heads, for that matter.

I remember a large rainbow/small water that I used to fish with a #7 greenheart. Some members treated the syndicate as a fashion show for expensive American fly gear and were very scornful of my greenheart ,

When a leaded nymph made contact with a £700 super carbo/boron or some such rod, the rod snapped the next time a fish was hooked. "That's the trouble with cheap plastic rods" was my comment - the rod owner seemed a bit miffed !

Edited by Vagabond
  • Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

All,

For those of you who are ignorant as long as I was (in my 60's) about greenheart wood. Greenheart is perhaps the stiffest wood in the world, with an agerage modulus of elasticity of an astounding 3,716,000 lb/in2. This stuff is just a pain to work with. It is hard to glue, harder to saw, and hardest of all it is hard to find.

It is a tree, not a part of a tree.

Phone

. This stuff is just a pain to work with. It is hard to glue, harder to saw, and hardest of all it is hard to find.

That is nothing compared to how hard it is to reduce the taper by using glass-paper !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Vagabond,

When I met a dedicated rod builder sorting out several greenheart rods at various stages of completion I was in awe. Spent the afternoon visiting with the guy while he worked away. No, he wouldn't let me touch any of them in an offer to help.

Phone

I have Steve, I do have a backup Harrison which was a 50th birthday present and when I first used that one I ordered another within a couple of months. For the past seven years it's served me very well and deserves to be fixed rather than consigned to the loft. I'm still of the opinion that Acolytes are too fragile.

Says the bloke taking the Harrison for repair lol ,yes fair comment as Steve says anything that light and thin walled will be vulnerable to fatal dings that the Harrison will laugh off and say is that all you have got

Keith doing a tap dance on it was probably outside and warranty

hope you find your way home mate and the Volvo don't leak

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Easy journey in the end, only took 90 about minutes, what a fantastic shop. Rare thesedays that shops can afford to hold so much stock and such a wide range of brands, I couldn't think of anything that wasn't there including a good range of bivvies that were all set up. Met 'Bob the Rod' who'd already sourced the replacement tip section and explained what I wanted on the broken rod and the backup, they should be ready in a couple of weeks.

While I was there I bought a Fox Duralite Chair having previously seen Steve Walker's. At 3.2Kg it's about half the weight of my existing chair and very comfy

http://www.fostersofbirmingham.co.uk/CBC059

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Damm that Walker chap now I am going to have to get one to or face redicule of blimey Steve how heavy is your chair

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Do like the look of that chair - and my Nash Daddy long legs is both very heavy and getting rather tatty looking . . . . .

Mat

It is very good Mat. I paid only £70 at the shop, don't know whether that was a shop only deal or whether the price has been reduced so worth mentioning that if you buy one.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Easy journey in the end, only took 90 about minutes, what a fantastic shop. Rare thesedays that shops can afford to hold so much stock and such a wide range of brands, I couldn't think of anything that wasn't there including a good range of bivvies that were all set up. Met 'Bob the Rod' who'd already sourced the replacement tip section and explained what I wanted on the broken rod and the backup, they should be ready in a couple of weeks.

While I was there I bought a Fox Duralite Chair having previously seen Steve Walker's. At 3.2Kg it's about half the weight of my existing chair and very comfy

http://www.fostersofbirmingham.co.uk/CBC059

Just don't let Keith kick it - you could be back up the M1!