Wanted

Norm B

A lot of the time animals wont trigger the lights as Jim says try a trail cam or night vision cctv ,we had 4 badgers in the garden two ran off with the same bit of bread which was quite amusing and another night a fox sitting patiently 10 feet from a cat waiting for it to leave the pile of scraps we left out.

Most foxes wont touch cats they have claws and teeth but i suppose a few have the knack of killing them without harm to themselves .

Animals appear to know not to take avoidable risks for instance deer will only jump a fence as last resort they will always try and push through it ,breaking a leg jumping usually means a slow death

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A lot of the time animals wont trigger the lights as Jim says try a trail cam or night vision cctv ,we had 4 badgers in the garden two ran off with the same bit of bread which was quite amusing and another night a fox sitting patiently 10 feet from a cat waiting for it to leave the pile of scraps we left out.

Most foxes wont touch cats they have claws and teeth but i suppose a few have the knack of killing them without harm to themselves .

Animals appear to know not to take avoidable risks for instance deer will only jump a fence as last resort they will always try and push through it ,breaking a leg jumping usually means a slow death

:clap3: I've set the sensors to sensitive and a hog will light them up so anything bigger than a field mouse will illuminate the area. The light came on last night and it was the big dog fox, come to eat the hog food so obviously no hogs coming round. :bye2:

• 2 months later...

:clap3: I've set the sensors to sensitive and a hog will light them up so anything bigger than a field mouse will illuminate the area. The light came on last night and it was the big dog fox, come to eat the hog food so obviously no hogs coming round. :bye2:

:clap3: Got the moderated shot gun and subsonic cartridges. Did a few test firings and was quite impressed with the pattern and lack of noise, although I'm told it needs "about 100 shots to get it really quiet", well that won't happen with a box of 25 cartridges. Tried to get a trap off the RSPCA , only got a message saying phone between 9am and 5pm. Phoned after 9am, got the same message, phoned after 10am, got the same message, phoned after 11am, again same message. This went on for 3 days so drove to their "Ark", needed sat nav to find it. We don't lend traps any more but if you phone the other number they "may bring one". I've been phoning for 3 days and I just get a recorded message I replied. Well we're short of staff so we don't have time to answer the phones she said. I said, you must have a hotline to the other number because you're not going to wait days to get through I said. No we don't she said, liar I thought. RSPCA, don't expect a donation or a legacy in my will. So it will have to be killed, no option now. :bye2:

:clap3: Got the moderated shot gun and subsonic cartridges. Did a few test firings and was quite impressed with the pattern and lack of noise, although I'm told it needs "about 100 shots to get it really quiet", well that won't happen with a box of 25 cartridges. Tried to get a trap off the RSPCA , only got a message saying phone between 9am and 5pm. Phoned after 9am, got the same message, phoned after 10am, got the same message, phoned after 11am, again same message. This went on for 3 days so drove to their "Ark", needed sat nav to find it. We don't lend traps any more but if you phone the other number they "may bring one". I've been phoning for 3 days and I just get a recorded message I replied. Well we're short of staff so we don't have time to answer the phones she said. I said, you must have a hotline to the other number because you're not going to wait days to get through I said. No we don't she said, liar I thought. RSPCA, don't expect a donation or a legacy in my will. So it will have to be killed, no option now. :bye2:

:clap3: Had an email from the RSPCA today wanting to know why I wanted to trap the fox as we shouldn't mess with nature and to let it take it's course, so I said trap it and remove it or I'll shoot it, waiting for their response. :clap3:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:clap3: Since buying the moderated .410 and a box of subsonic magnum cartridges no sign of the dog fox, has he heard I'm out to get him or has he fallen to the great motor car? Some good news, had two hogs in the garden last night having a good feed which they repaid by mating under the security light, exibitionists or what? The downside of this union could be a late brood of young hogs which I'll have to feed through the winter and keep safe from the Bengal killer cat, more stress. :clap3:

• 3 months later...

:clap3: Had a knock on the door yesterday with a neighbour bringing me a hedgehog in a box. Found it curled up on his lawn earlier, surrounded by frost. Kept it in the garage for a couple of hours because didn't want to thaw it too quickly (hypothermia?). Now in utility room. It's a large one but light for it's size so needs regular feeding. Both hog boxes in garden are occupied so will have to get son in law to make me another one. Still got them coming in to garden although it's below freezing at night so I have to keep on feeding them. :clap3:

Norm,

I am in favor of responsible maintenance of urban wildlife. In Missouri the Department of Wildlife will assist. It does require an agreement of minds.

Jim,

Where exactly do immigrants fit in. (Ohh wait - - - - - we call those vermin controls war)

Phone

:clap3: Just about every pest is protected in the UK now due to EU regulations, our government has to get exemptions to control pests and issues licences. Roll on our freedom to do our own pest control, what's a pest in one country is a conserved species in other countries but we all know what is a pest in the UK and don't need foreigners to tell us what is and isn't. :clap3: