Florida Daytona New Smyrna Beach Orlando Area

Springtime backcountry catching is in full swing here at Mosquito Lagoon and Indian River, water temperatures have risen through the 60’s to the low 70’s bringing the migration of game fish through the area, jack crevalle, bluefish, ladyfish, pompano, bait fish like mullet, glass minnows and pilchards. Resident fish seatrout, redfish, sheepshead, snappers, and black drum also feeding on the bait schools and the local shrimp which run here in spring, making a live shrimp hard to beat for a go to bait. Multiple hookups are fun with schooling fish and sometimes surface action with attacks on baitfish and shrimp on the top. Local Linda brought her friends here visiting for spring out with me recently, we had a few good seatrout along with all the other fun species, Linda had the best speck of the morning……

F6ABFq.jpg

Friend Lori caught the biggest jack crevalle of the trip………………

UJjNXV.jpg

Last minute trip on a recent afternoon Bryan and friend from Kansas City had lots of fun catching fish species they never caught before including the star of the trip a 5 lb. black drum……………….

6daFjc.jpg

Longtime regular clients Dr Ed and son Matt who was home from college on spring break had another fun back water trip including several quality speckled trout, Matt had the largest………………

sUY4Zi.jpg

But Dr Ed got a speck almost as big between all the fun jacks and sheepshead…………….

GFA37z.jpg

Speaking of sheepshead, they are always here to be caught through the winter and spring months, Bill with a nice one……

w1qzg6.jpg

Almost always some surprise catches on most trips in the backcountry, this time it was a serious 4 lb. Florida pompano caught by Frank…………….

6Xj647.jpg

Jack crevalle are widespread through the waterway in spring, if they are swimming, they are eating and hard pulling making for always fun rod bending, Zak battled this one on light tackle……………….

i3akyk.jpg

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

MOSQUITO LAGOON FLATS FISHING AND INDIAN RIVER

BACKCOUNTRY MIXED BAG SALTWATER FISHING TRIPS

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Edited by Capt. Michael Savedow

Hiya Capt Mike. Good to hear you are having a great Spring and looking forward to a few days out with you in November.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 weeks later...