Not the man the press would have you believe he is.

Ken L

One of the most vilified men in the UK speaks to the Oxford Union:

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I dont villify whoever it is ? I wont watch it though incase i do then i would have to untype the first bit of my sentence ,if its a mp or anyone with the slightest power they come pre villified so i guess it could be but perhaps my villification system is different to anothers ,did he kill millions like stalin ? Or are his eyes to close together?

I dont read newspapers i look at them which may make me confused to who it is

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

So who would you have us "believe" he is? He is the ex head honcho of the EDL. A fascist. Ooops sorry, you cant say that these days it's not PC. A member of the "alt-right".

He's the hero of people like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Ah, so now people are guilty by association now are they?

Where would that leave Mr Corbyn with his "friends from HAMAS"?

Did you watch the video?

Can you find an example of a racist statement that he's made?

You call him a fascist but can you find an example of him trying to impose authoritarian rule over anybody?

• Like 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Did you watch the video?

You call him a fascist but can you find an example of him trying to impose authoritarian rule over anybody?

First of all Ken let me make it quite clear that I am not a supporter of the Labour party. I don't give a flying monkeys for Corbyn and I care even less for HAMAS. I feel exactly the same way about HAMAS as Sam Harris does. I have only voted Labour ONCE in a General Election, although I do vote for them locally because they do a good job of running Southampton City Council.

I'll admit that when I made my original post I had not watched his presentation (confirmation bias is something we are all culpable of from time to time), but now I have and I agree with almost all the points and issues he raised. I withdraw my earlier remarks about him being a fascist, it sounds to me that he might have actually rubbed up some real fascist the wrong way a wee bit.

A question for you Ken, in my usual direct manner. How do you feel about yet another British Premier crawling back from Saudi Arabia with Salafist sperm running down their chins?

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I dont villify whoever it is ? I wont watch it though incase i do then i would have to untype the first bit of my sentence ,if its a mp or anyone with the slightest power they come pre villified so i guess it could be but perhaps my villification system is different to anothers ,did he kill millions like stalin ? Or are his eyes to close together?

I dont read newspapers i look at them which may make me confused to who it is

Well worth a watch chesters.

Did you watch the video?

May as well have the Q & A too Ken. :thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-UAQAvCCC4

Gotta laugh at the first questioner, If ISIS got hold of her "she" would either be chucked off the top of the nearest high building or they would dig a hole for her and tip a hundredweight of rocks on her head.

I guess you've seen this Ken?

Glad you took the time to watch it. I'd seen a handful of recent videos from Tommy that didn't fit the "far right" media narrative before coming across that one from almost two years ago. He's a ballsy guy.

As for the ongoing UK and US ass-licking of the Saudi's, it's sickening.

They have an appalling human rights record, they are funding extremist mosques and organisations in the west and they are driving the political agenda in Europe and elsewhere by throwing money around, making well connected people rich and buying off politicians.

For their money, they get Wahhabi Qurans in our jails, they get control of UN policy to the point where they are trying to make criticism of Islam a crime internationally and they get the very latest military tech despite their proven willingness to use it on civilians.

They also get Teresa May to deliver a speech in the wake of the Westminster terrorist attack that didn't even mention Khalid Masood's background or motivation, even though it was already abundantly clear when the speech was delivered.

Instead, we get the usual predictable "Muslims are the real victims" narrative delivered with a promise to push for more of the same "diversity" that clearly isn't working.

One has to wonder about the nature of the Saudi agenda when they haven't accepted a single refugee from the countries currently wracked by war and one has to ask who exactly is paying for these "migrants" to flood Europe.

There are plenty of decent hardworking people about who self identify as Muslims but there are some truly shocking figures about regarding the proportion of them that wouldn't report someone that they suspect of extremist/terrorist behaviours, just as there are shocking figures about regarding the proportion of Muslims who want to see Sharia in the UK - complete with its treatment of homosexuals and barbaric punishments.

I've said before that a Muslim mate of 30 years standing has changed mosques several times because he's sick of hearing the hateful crap that they are preaching - which has now become mainstream.

• Like 1

Like Cory, I found that video surprising. The impression the media have given of this man is clearly not the one he would like to portray. Exactly where the truth is - I don't know - but I do think that attempts to shut people like him up make the problem worse. If there are problems (and there clearly are) you can't go on pretending they don't exist forever.

Here's something I spotted in the media today. There was a homophobic assault in the Netherlands.

Telegraph coverage;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/04/men-holding-hands-protest-against-anti-gay-violence-netherlands/

HuffPo coverage;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/netherlands-men-holding-hands_us_58e3c151e4b0f4a923b24fd5

Indy coverage;

https://www.indy100.com/article/dutch-parliament-members-hand-in-hand-response-anti-gay-violence-homophobia-7665506

Can you spot a piece of information that the Telegraph (and the Dutch papers) consider to be salient, but that the HuffPo and Indy thought it would be best not to mention?