Not the man the press would have you believe he is.

Ken L

I didn't say he was.

He's a globalist Rothschild's banker and much more akin to Blair than Thatcher.

What I said was that he could have avoided the ongoing civil unrest in France (also largely unreported due to a media blackout) had he listened to the views of a large body of people that are excluded from the lefty mainstream media bubble.

What media blackout Ken? It's funny that globalism was just fecking fine and dandy when the globe was red and the UK was the centre of it.. You need to get a new tinfoil hat Ken. I used to think you were a skeptic, but you seem more like a conspiracy theorist type these days.

It's about time the French had a good shake up. Sarko should have done it but he bottled it

My brother-in-law is a veste jaune. His beef is the now spped limits on "routes national" the French equivalent of out A roads.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Forty years ago I was not a kid. I had been at sea for three years. The plural of anecdotes is not data. I would tell them "if you can't show it, you don't know it".

I did say 40 odd years ago, that could take you into your pre teens.

Why have you to be so bloody pedantic, is it some kind of illness, like Tourette's where you can't help but try and put one over on somebody?

Would you say the same, and dismiss it, if your child came and told you something much more serious that they had experienced, or have happen to them?

Doesn't belief, and trust exist in your world?

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I did say 40 odd years ago, that could take you into your pre teens.

Why have you to be so bloody pedantic, is it some kind of illness, like Tourette's where you can't help but try and put one over on somebody?

Would you say the same, and dismiss it, if your child came and told you something much more serious that they had experienced, or have happen to them?

Doesn't belief, and trust exist in your world?

John.

Children are different. I like children. I find i can have more honest conversations with children than is possible with many adults.

Trust exists. I want to believe in as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible. I don't really like the word "belief" very much. People can believe all sorts of dross that they can't back up or that make no sense. My Mum-in-law and one of her buddies think that sugar pills are a remedy for ailments. My step-Father believed in the invisible man up in the sky..Neither of those beliefs can win my respect, no matter how much I like and respect the person holding them.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Children are different. I like children. I find i can have more honest conversations with children than is possible with many adults.

Trust exists. I want to believe in as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible. I don't really like the word "belief" very much. People can believe all sorts of dross that they can't back up or that make no sense. My Mum-in-law and one of her buddies think that sugar pills are a remedy for ailments. My step-Father believed in the invisible man up in the sky..Neither of those beliefs can win my respect, no matter how much I like and respect the person holding them.

I should have made it more clear, I was referring to trust, and belief in people, not necessary ideas.

By child I meant one of your children, who I believe are both adults now, or does that adulthood make them less believable?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes, it may confuse them if their preacher and parents are telling them that gays and people who don't share their religion are wicked.

Probably at some point between them being born and them strapping on a suicide vest, we should challenge those ideas?

Ah, so you are only talking about these lessons for Muslim kids Steve, I assumed you were talking about kids in general, my mistake.

John.

I should have made it more clear, I was referring to trust, and belief in people, not necessary ideas.

By child I meant one of your children, who I believe are both adults now, or does that adulthood make them less believable?

John.

My children, who are both adults think much the same as me, They certainly know that it is dishonest to assert something that is not based in fact.

I trust people by defalt. You will have my trust until you show that you are unworthy. What do you mean "believe in people" John. Of course I believe in people. I live in a city, I see people every day., but I suspect that is not what you were asking.

Ah, so you are only talking about these lessons for Muslim kids Steve, I assumed you were talking about kids in general, my mistake.

John.

To me it would be in general. I don't really thikit will confuse children either. I think that you underestimate children.

No, kids in general. Just making the point about the consequences of allowing ignorance and hatred to fester unchallenged to avoid confusing kids. There are other religions preaching hatred, and some parents manage it without any help from priests.

"Sometimes families have a mum and a dad, or two mums, or two dads, or one mum or one dad, and that's absolutely fine and we shouldn't be mean to people who are different to us like that" - is that really such a shocking and confusing thing to say?

My children, who are both adults think much the same as me, They certainly know that it is dishonest to assert something that is not based in fact.

I trust people by defalt. You will have my trust until you show that you are unworthy. What do you mean "believe in people" John. Of course I believe in people. I live in a city, I see people every day., but I suspect that is not what you were asking.

You've totally ignored the questions, either by ignorance or design, I suspect the latter. But it's of no consequence. I was just trying to understand you more, perhaps it's better that I don't.

John.

No, kids in general. Just making the point about the consequences of allowing ignorance and hatred to fester unchallenged to avoid confusing kids. There are other religions preaching hatred, and some parents manage it without any help from priests.

"Sometimes families have a mum and a dad, or two mums, or two dads, or one mum or one dad, and that's absolutely fine and we shouldn't be mean to people who are different to us like that" - is that really such a shocking and confusing thing to say?

No it isn't either shocking, or confusing if said in the right way. I'll hark back to my first post though, and say I would insist on a thorough vetting of anyone teaching this class, and maybe even insist on more than one adult be present. Call me a cynic, but I do believe that although the majority would teach acceptance, there are others that would use it as a platform to further an agenda.

I still don't see why a child of such a young age, who just accepts what they see around them, should have this brought to their attention, they will ask questions when they are ready.

As to religious intolerance, then all preachers of hate should be brought to task, regardless of their particular belief. We are supposed to have laws banning the preaching of hate, but we are too afraid to act on them, in some cases. If a parent is teaching hate to a child then they are guilty of a 'hate crime' and should be punished, the same for a preacher, or teacher. Why should a very young child bear the burden of choosing between parents, and what they are taught in class? If a child is in physical danger, then they are taken from the parents, how is 'brainwashing' a child to hate, any different.

John.