Not the man the press would have you believe he is.

Ken L

You know more about religion than I care to do, I will submit to your greater knowledge of the Bible.

One question, that may well show my ignorance, I've never heard of the KGV version which one is it?

John.

I assume he means the KJV or King James Version but you never know

Gozzer,

The KGV is a continuation of KJV. Oxford Uni is/has employed the use of infrared light to read some illegible text that was omitted from the original KJV (cause they couldn't read it - duh). It is my understanding, although I am vague on the topic. The original 1611 (KJV not KGV) is being "completed" at Oxford and is the "new" KJV or more precisely it is the KGV.

I'm sticking my neck out because I'm not positive and Cory usually has his facts pretty much in order via either his knowledge or Google's knowledge. I otoh am "remembering" and that ain't always a good thing

Phone

Gozzer,

I wouldn't get tangled up in religious stuff, Christian or otherwise unless you feel an overwhelming need to know. It's way to late to rely on a book to tell you "right from wrong" and "good from evil" - all else is pretty much a matter of choice. I have told my kids, "no the teacher is mistaken". Sometimes the child misunderstood, sometimes it ended with my comment, sometimes it took a trip to school to all get on the same page. I'm one who wholeheartedly believes "it takes a village"

Phone

Ages 5 - 8 apparently, but frankly, if a 7 year old is reading at level, the school has already failed and there are more pressing issues than a stupid LGBT agenda.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I dont think the two are mutually exclusive.

Is it fair to say that you dont think primary schools should teach anything about citizenship or society, just the 3 Rs?

Gozzer,

I wouldn't get tangled up in religious stuff, Christian or otherwise unless you feel an overwhelming need to know. It's way to late to rely on a book to tell you "right from wrong" and "good from evil" - all else is pretty much a matter of choice. I have told my kids, "no the teacher is mistaken". Sometimes the child misunderstood, sometimes it ended with my comment, sometimes it took a trip to school to all get on the same page. I'm one who wholeheartedly believes "it takes a village"

Phone

Phone, I pretty much hold the same opinion on religion, as I do carp, the world would be a much better place if there were a lot less of both.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Gozzer,

The KGV is a continuation of KJV. Oxford Uni is/has employed the use of infrared light to read some illegible text that was omitted from the original KJV (cause they couldn't read it - duh). It is my understanding, although I am vague on the topic. The original 1611 (KJV not KGV) is being "completed" at Oxford and is the "new" KJV or more precisely it is the KGV.

I'm sticking my neck out because I'm not positive and Cory usually has his facts pretty much in order via either his knowledge or Google's knowledge. I otoh am "remembering" and that ain't always a good thing

Phone

Yes, my typo. It should have been KJV or Authorised Version. 1611.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote