Not the man the press would have you believe he is.

Ken L

And you are becoming more and more dependant on ad-hominem attacks.

And ad hominen fallacy is not a fallacy when it is true

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I dont think the two are mutually exclusive.

Is it fair to say that you dont think primary schools should teach anything about citizenship or society, just the 3 Rs?

No - but there's more to citizenship and society than sexuality and when those very same primary schools steer clear of describing heteronormative family groups where daddy is around (or even making father's day cards as a class activity) because so many of the kids present have single mothers, it strikes me as bizarre for them to go out of their way to normalise gay relationships.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And ad hominen fallacy is not a fallacy when it is true

Now that you mention it, I do remember a discussion where I was admonishing a five year old for hitting someone and his defence was "I didn't do what he said and he's a poo-poo face" and sure enough, the kid who had taken a beating did have faecal matter on his face - case closed, there's no way of solving that one.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No - but there's more to citizenship and society than sexuality and when those very same primary schools steer clear of describing heteronormative family groups where daddy is around (or even making father's day cards as a class activity) because so many of the kids present have single mothers, it strikes me as bizarre for them to go out of their way to normalise gay relationships.

Those books on different types of families describe two parent heterosexual families too.

I know gay people. They're normal. Why wouldn't you want people to think they are normal? None of this seems like a big deal to me.

• Like 1

Of course most of them are "normal" but it's not about them being gay, it's about sex education for very young children and the associated insanity that tells very young children that boys can be girls and girls can be boys.
This is not an unusual position, The majority of parents don't want sex education in primary schools.

All,

EXCUSE ME? Did my post #128 of this thread show up on the England version of AN?

Perhaps anyone can answer?

Phone

It did but I was getting ready for work at the time.

Ken,

Let me ask a simple question. How many scientific sex genders are there in the human genomes. How soon is soon enough to know these facts?

Phone

There are two sexes/genders and the terms are 100% interchangeable - there are also a very small number of unfortunate people who are born physically intersex.

I do not subscribe to Emma's notions that sex and gender are two different things.

Sex determination is chromosomal: XX = Female and XY = Male.

Not sure where you're coming from with "the human genomes".

I have no problem with sex education in schools the parents dont seem to tell them.

All my mum said about 'sex' was now you have hair pick them out the plughole when i was 17!

Unfortunately unlike in the 50's sexual material is impossible not to see (a few words in a book was all you saw back them lol) so kids need telling what sex and growing up is its not just poking your dong in with a woman screaming for more like you see on the web .

If it includes gay sex fair does but it shouldnt be seen as 'normal' normal is what the majority do not a minority so heteralsexuality should be the fore with a lesson on the minority versions.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Who is talking about sex, Ken? Is talking about marriage and parents sex education?

Meet, marry, exchange bodily fluids (King and King) is close enough.