Not the man the press would have you believe he is.

Ken L

Steve Re post #10 I noticed the Telegraph specified Moroccan youths as the attackers.

That puzzled me, as in many Arab countries I have visited (including Morocco), males holding hands whilst walking along the street is a common sight.

There is some sort of inconsistency here, but I don't pretend to know what is behind it.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Dave, true, but as I understand it, the holding hands thing is just a friendly thing there. I think the more liberal papers were ignoring the inconvenient cultural issues. I think they sometimes forget that liberalism isn't about taking sides, it's about principles of equality, fairness and freedom.

I was pleased to see that the Grauniad was giving decent coverage to this story - they need to be brave when minorities are illiberal.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/jan/31/school-defends-lgbt-lessons-after-religious-parents-complain

Pushing a far left "progressive" political agenda that teaches human sexuality to 5 year olds and steamrollers over the wishes of parents is not liberalism - its about as authoritarian as you can get.

All the more so when the morons in the education system are also teaching the children in their care that boys can have periods and girls can have penis's.

Strangely, I'm with the parents on this one.

Having said that, I have little doubt that these parents believe and are teaching their kids things that are truly disgusting, often through the schools that British tax payers are funding - but I don't see much evidence of the lefty media being "brave" about that.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I don't have a problem with telling primary kids that some families have two mummies or two daddies and that's fine. We're not talking about bedroom stuff here.

This is not just encouraging tolerance. This is a man who was forced to resign from another school in 2014 after enraging parents by pushing his agenda down kids throats and has now got 80% of parents in this school keeping their kids off school in protest at his current school - and those parents are p155ed.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ah well, if they dont like their religious morality being challenged they can always send them to a faith school. Plenty of Catholic and orthodox Jewish schools and madrasahs out there, though it seems too many of the Catholic schools have homosexuality practicals.

It's not about religion. The parents might think about in those terms but it's not - and the outraged parents at his last school were largely Christian.

I suspect that the only positive here is that a lot of parents in a lot of places are going to start asking some very probing questions about what their children are being taught in response to this story - and I very much doubt that DfE are going to like the response.

It appears to be mostly religious people who have a problem with it. Which makes sense, as mostly nobody else wants to teach their children to hate gay people without challenge. I mean, why would you?

This is not just encouraging tolerance. This is a man who was forced to resign from another school in 2014 after enraging parents by pushing his agenda down kids throats and has now got 80% of parents in this school keeping their kids off school in protest at his current school - and those parents are p155ed.

Bugger them.

It's not about religion. The parents might think about in those terms but it's not - and the outraged parents at his last school were largely Christian.

I suspect that the only positive here is that a lot of parents in a lot of places are going to start asking some very probing questions about what their children are being taught in response to this story - and I very much doubt that DfE are going to like the response.

A pox on all their houses.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote