Wingham Fish-In 2017 - Sat May 6th to Mon May 8th

Steve Burke

Firstly, I'm pleased to say that everyone who's asked for a place has got one.

Secondly, the rig you use at Wingham is far, far less important than where you put it. You've got to find the hotspots in your swim as with low stocks and so much natural food the fish won't move off their patrol routes. So if one rod isn't catching then cast around until hopefully it is.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've just re-read my previous post.

It's not that your rig is irrelevant, it's just that finding the hotspots in the swim is more important.

If you're not catching, I'd suggest recasting to a slightly different spot before thinking about changing your rig.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Agreed Steve, the tench at Wingham are not rig shy (just ask the carp boys) so provided your rig mechanics are right then if you're not catching it's almost definitely the spot so get the marker rod back out ?.

Effort equals reward!!

For all you guys who are arriving early on Saturday, don't forget, there will be the usual hot bacon and/or sausage sandwiches plus tea/coffee waiting for you from 7am to 9am in the clubhouse.

Just the thing after a long drive and to set you up to haul in all those PB's! :fishing:

Steve C.

• Like 2

If you've sent me back answers to the questions you should have received further details of the Fish-In which means that you've been invited. If you haven't had these details please email me.

If you haven't sent back answers to the questions please, please do so asap as we've got even more than usual to do this week.

Please don't ask me which swim you've got as I won't be finalising them until Thursday.

Best of luck to all attending Wingham! The weather looks spot on and I would imagine it's gonn'a be a great weekends fishing....look forward to the catch reports :).

If only my car wasn't playing up (can't find out the problem) I would have deffo applied for a place, maybe next year.