crack adder?

chesters1

Just come off the Giant Hogweed thread. A relative of that (Alexanders - found growing near the sea) was used to "cure" snakebite in the Middle Ages, Not a lot of use if you are bitten in Surrey and the nearest Alexanders is growing on Folkestone cliffs.

I miss the warren ,i will probably never camp down there again ,pulling a 350kg trailer tent with the mrs sitting on it with a folding bike is beyond me now.

Next time we visit folkestone is when her mum dies and heaven knows how we will get there

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think you can see it going for the crack in the first second or two of this video:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It certainly was and when the vid ended probably bulked out the noodles

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It certainly was and when the vid ended probably bulked out the noodles

I had a 2m cobra come down the bank behind me while fishing in Thailand a couple of years back. It completely ignored me but passed about 40cm from my feet as it headed into the water. It crossed the lake and got out the other side by which time two locals were legging it around the lake.

By the time they got to where it got out, the snake had vanished and they looked gutted.

I wondered whether they had intended to kill it to protect customers or the owners dogs but no, they had a tasty meal in mind.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I had a 2m cobra come down the bank behind me while fishing in Thailand a couple of years back. It completely ignored me but passed about 40cm from my feet as it headed into the water. It crossed the lake and got out the other side by which time two locals were legging it around the lake.

By the time they got to where it got out, the snake had vanished and they looked gutted.

I wondered whether they had intended to kill it to protect customers or the owners dogs but no, they had a tasty meal in mind.

Snàkes dont bother me my only weakness is that spiders scare the crap out of me ,until i was about 7 i used to pick them up (my mum wouldnt kill them) but that changed climbing a tree and putting my head into a big web containing hundreds (or tens) of babies since then any spider other than money or daddy long legs in the house is a mark on whatever they are touching ,outside they are ok but orb spiders scare me ,girly i know ?

No, snakes don't bother me much either - and I've had some very close calls with some very deadly snakes.

I also had some residual fear of spiders from a childhood incident but hot cured of that when I got ill travelling and had to use the outside loo every 20 minute with a "racing tarantula". By the end of the night, I was doing what had to be done with him on the wall 6 inches from my face.

Edited by Ken L

he snake had vanished and they looked gutted.

, they had a tasty meal in mind.

In Cuba we had a group of "guides " who were really political minders It was shortly after Russia pulled out of buying their sugar crop and times were hard.

We came across a boa constrictor (about eight ft long) they killed and ate all of it between four of them - probably hadn't had meat for weeks

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

You don't need snakes when you've got the King's Weir cat, that damned thing would sit behind you (with you being completely unaware of its presence) and just suddenly land on your shoulder when you swung in another Gudgeon or Dace - in the dark!

Nearly wet myself (or worse) a few times over that blasted moggie.

It's dead now though. (Ayjay prepares for the flak, but is ready with an explanation).

• 2 weeks later...

Snàkes dont bother me my only weakness is that spiders scare the crap out of me ,until i was about 7 i used to pick them up (my mum wouldnt kill them) but that changed climbing a tree and putting my head into a big web containing hundreds (or tens) of babies since then any spider other than money or daddy long legs in the house is a mark on whatever they are touching ,outside they are ok but orb spiders scare me ,girly i know

Here is a 5" golden orb spider, chesters1. We have 3 in our garden...

7SSA3om.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

You can have them all you would see if they were in mine would be a smudge possibly me crapping myself but probably a very flat spider!