Wingham Fish-In Auction

Steve Burke

Steve,

I've got some stuff that I can bring including a fishing chair and maybe some luggage that I no longer use. I also have a book, "Still Hooked", by Terry Theobald. It is in pristine condition and signed by the author.

I'll have another look and see what else I can find.

Steve C.

Add to the above - a set of Fox Digital Scales (will weigh up to 66lb)

Edited by wyeknot

Although I will not be attending, I have offered a COMPLETE set of Waterlog magazines Reserve £70 100 issues in good condition

Note that I have not received Issue No 100 yet - due out next month and I want to read it first !

Heavy lot - Buyer collects - either from my home or a mutually agreed location.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Thanks everyone.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I think if I were to bid on a book it would be a float fishing book. Maybe one that covered shotting patterns, different techniques etc. I am a big fan of float fishing, particularly on rivers but don't really own any books relating to it as I simply have got round to getting any and I imagine most modern books will talk mainly about float fishing for carp on heavier methods. I did get one from Anderoo once as part of a bundle he kindly sent me but cant for the life of me think where I have put it. Many of the other books he sent me were passed on to those who needed them as they were starting out fishing.

The complete book of float fishing by Allan Haines is good.

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Payment for items won can be cash, cheque, PayPal or bank transfer by the end of the month.

I'll be bringing the following books and Power Pro braid:

Ivan Marks on Match Fishing by Ivan Marks. Hardback with dust jacket. Very good on float fishing with shotting diagrams etc. Estimate £4 to £6.

John Wilson's Coarse Fishing Method Manual by John Wilson. Hardback with dust jacket. An oversized book that is one of the best instructional books I've ever seen. Estimate £4 to £6.

The Haig Whisky Guide to Coarse Fishing in Britain. Edited by Colin Dyson. Hardback with dust jacket. Sections on each species by expert writers. Estimate £2 to £3.

The Big Fish Scene. Edited and signed by the late Frank Guttfield. Softback. Sections on each species by guest writers. One of the best such books around. Estimate £10 to £15.

Coarse Fishing with Matt Hayes by Matt Hayes and guest writers. Hardback with dust jacket. I wrote several pieces for this book and would be pleased to sign it for you. Estimate £10 to £15.

The Best of Chevin by the Chub Study Group. Softback. Very rare, only 100 copies printed. I edited and contributed to this and again would be happy to sign it for you. Estimate £10 to £20. Reserve £10.

The Complete Chub Angler by Ken Seaman. Hardback with dust jacket. Estimate £8 to £10.

Quest for Barbel by Tony Miles and Trefor West. Hardback with dust jacket. First edition of one of the most famous books on barbel. Estimate £12 to £18.

Roach, the Gentle Giants by John Bailey. 1st edition hardback with dust jacket. Ex library. Estimate £6 to £10.

Tench by Len Head. Hardback with dust jacket. Estimate £6 to £10.

Power Pro braid. 15kg/0.23mm. Moss green. 135 metres. Boxed. Estimate £8 to £12.

Power Pro braid. 20kg/0.28mm. Moss green. 275 metres. I'm fairly certain this is a full unused spool. Estimate £10 to £15.

Power Pro braid. 10lb test. Chartreuse. 500 yards. I've used a small amount of this, but there's probably about 400 yards left. Estimate £10 to 15.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Here are the results of the auction:

Donated by Dave Park (Vagabond)

1st 100 copies of Waterlog magazine - £70 - Russ McCully

Donated by Russ McCully (Russ)

Still Hooked by Terry Theobald (signed by the author) - £20 - Stephen Daly (Dales)

The Book of the Perch by the Perchfishers (signed by me as co-editor) - £35 - Stephen Daly (Dales)

60 Years a Fisherman by John Wilson - £6 John Westley (John Block)

Donated by Steve Burke

Ivan Marks on Match Fishing by Ivan Marks - £4 - Steve Walker

John Wilson's Method Manual by John Wilson - £10 - Kim Groombridge

Haig Whisky Guide to Coarse Fishing in Britain - £2 - Charlie Groombridge

The Big Fish Scene by Frank Guttfield (softback signed by the author) - £25 - Peter Caunter (Worzel)

Coarse Fishing with Matt Hayes by Matt Hayes (signed by me as a contributor) - £25 - John Westley (John Block)

The Best of Chevin (signed by me as editor and contributor) - £22 - Wayne McCully (Sharkbyte)

The Complete Chub Angler by Ken Seaman - £8 - Wayne McCully (Sharkbyte)

Quest for Barbel by Tony Miles and Trefor West - £15 - Budgie Burgess

Roach, the Gentle Giants by John Bailey - £15 - John Westley (John Block)

Tench by Len Head - £25 - Stephen Daly (Dales)

Power Pro 15kgs - £12 - John Westley (John Block)

Power Pro 20kgs - £10 - Steve Walker

Power Pro 10lbs - £18 - Steve Walker

Donated by Steve Campbell

Folding chair - £20 - Kevin Clarkson (KAYC)

Bivvy organiser - £5 - John Westley (John Block)

Carp bag - £15 - Teejay Groombridge

Seat - £25 - Peter Caunter (Worzel)

Tackle boxes - £5 - Kevin Clarkson (KAYC)

Carbon rod pod - £20 - Russ McCully (Russ)

Korum rucksack - £20 - Antony Chance (Ant63)

Donated by Paul Westcott (Tincatinca)

Shimano quivertip rod - £25 - Stephen Daly (Dales)

Thanks to all who donated and to all who bid, even just to push the bidding up!

Edited by Steve Burke
  • Like 2