NHS UNDER CYBER ATTACk

big_cod

I have just been reading the mail apparently it's all Corbyns fault and yes the readers would actually believe it .

Er, Paul, you said you've just been reading the Mail, and then you imply Mail readers are easily fooled, where does that put you? :unsure:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You are not wrong there Andy, one of my Sons works for a company their one single contract is the MOD, their 'offices' are within a secure military facility, the data is so sensitive that it cannot be transferred electronically, routinely he travels to a very very secure Govt. data centre to deliver a hard drive containing information, said hard drive is contained within a tactical brief case secured to his wrist with a hardened handcuff and chain, he or his guards do not have the key, all very good, every effort made because of the information contained within..........

Until on close examination you see the case itself has a metal plaque attached which says "The combination for this case is XXXXXXXX"

The simple things are often missed by the stupidest of people.

No way :lol:

I understand that the military use a hardened military grade xp on some computers on things like warships. I hope they kept their contract for security patches. Could you imagine an entire fleet of warships grounded cause the missle systems being held to ransom for $300 :lol:

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

The question is, why are the hospital systems on the internet instead of being linked through the same discrete government data system used by major departments?

I know someone who is a computer security consultant who has worked for the NHS before. He said recently that he lost hope for them when one of their IT people said that a consultant could bring his own tablet into a hospital, join the wireless network and access patient records without any need for the device to be pre-registered. Apparently pushing back against this kind of thing gets medics telling IT staff "people will die if you don't do as you're told". So you can see how easy it is for a worm to get into the network, and once in a network full of vulnerable unpatched hosts, the next bit is inevitable.

Ironically, I can't even send schools an e-mail (containing no client data at all) from my official e-mail account to verify who I am due to the risks associated with having e-mail addresses in the public domain - and we're not short of file walls and content screening.

The more that comes out about this, the less competent the NHS appears.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No way :lol:

I understand that the military use a hardened military grade xp on some computers on things like warships. I hope they kept their contract for security patches. Could you imagine an entire fleet of warships grounded cause the missle systems being held to ransom for $300 :lol:

Many years ago i bought a military hardened laptop ( i mentioned it on here from one of the iraq wars) the windows os had been destroyed crudely stopping it booting but plenty of other stuff was left ,lots of co-ordinates and stuff but the recovery software i used was crude and just put lumps of data in no particular order but someone who had access to brains and decent software could have recovered it intact.

Very well made and several layers of shielding no doubt radiation proof against those non existing wmd or more likely freindly fire !

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its very simple how it happens either brown envelopes overcome doubt by those with computer savvy or those with power over buying computer systems have no idea what they are doing and probably brown envelopes aswell.

Talking to the receptionist at farnham as we waited ten minutes (i kid you not) for the systen to wake up so she can look at the appointments, she says as soon as they get used to the present system its replaced with another then they start again ,the trouble is she has noted the box under her desk stays the same ! And they dont appear to be dumb terminals but bog standard pcs no doubt bought at several times the price of identical ones over the counter.

Ps the 50" screen and its attendant pc has still not been turned on or even pat tested yet ,waste in the NHS is alive and well

The other one 20 feet away plays adverts with the nhs stuff relating to medical problems you may spot reduced to a fraction of the screen its writing so small you cannot read it

I find it strange xrays (now digital) take 10 days to travel 150ft yet actual negatives in the old hospital twice that far took 3 days ,the wonder of technology! Perhaps they go via india or africa to be perused for any worth before sending back?

chesters you is talking out your rectum again. I used to do ITC Procurement for the NHS. I can't say what Trusts, none your way but we used to buy Dell PCs for a VERY good price, I don't think Dell were making much more than £5 per box. A PC can be a dumb terminal. A lot of NHS software is run on Citrix running on Server versions of Windows, only screen/keyboard and moused data goes over the wire the app is actually running on the Citrix Server the "bog standard pc" runs Citrix Client. It's called Client/Server computing.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I know someone who is a computer security consultant who has worked for the NHS before. He said recently that he lost hope for them when one of their IT people said that a consultant could bring his own tablet into a hospital, join the wireless network and access patient records without any need for the device to be pre-registered. Apparently pushing back against this kind of thing gets medics telling IT staff "people will die if you don't do as you're told". So you can see how easy it is for a worm to get into the network, and once in a network full of vulnerable unpatched hosts, the next bit is inevitable.

That would not have happened at the NHS Trust that I contracted with for nine months Steve. For one thing the medic would not be able to even get into our office. Some departments needed some very esoteric bits of kit on a network. They would have their own "mini network" behind their own firewall from the corporate net.

The thing is the NHS is not a monolith, I am sure there are trusts whose IT people are not as switched on as the place where I worked.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

The question is, why are the hospital systems on the internet instead of being linked through the same discrete government data system used by major departments?

There are still ways to access information remotely through firewalls doing that but somebody seems to have played fast and loose with the most confidential of data systems and the IT managers responsible should be taking a very short walk out of the door.

If these people have got into the core of the system to encrypt files, they can also have accessed those files.

That data is worth a fortune. Think how much insurance companies could save by blacklisting people with chronic health conditions....

Google NHS N3 and HSCN

Edited by corydoras