Where Will You be?

Rusty

A bit late in the day this season but where will you be pitched up on the first day? I'll be at Marsh Farm on Friday and river action will commence on a new bit of the upper Thames for me on Sunday. Very much looking forward to twirling 'pins again.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Not far from me ,gets quieter at the pond now as 25% only go there in the close season

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

First session will almost certainly be on Old Father T, but I'll be fishing somewhere where Steve Appleford can't knock a big fish off at the net mate! Probably from a boat at Marsh Lock on Monday evening and I expect to be somewhere near South Stoke on wednesday evening.

By the way, did you know Marsh Farm was full of bream these days Rusty? I'm told that the best way of avoiding them is to use a fishmeal-based ground bait and leger red maggot or worm and caster over the top.

I will be on a new (to me) stretch of the Ribble. Genuinely can't wait. I plan to turn up thursday evening and fish from 12 into the early morning. I have a bucket of hemp reading to go now and have been prebaiting for a while. I plan to pop down this evening to prebait again.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I will be on a new (to me) stretch of the Ribble. Genuinely can't wait. I plan to turn up thursday evening and fish from 12 into the early morning. I have a bucket of hemp reading to go now and have been prebaiting for a while. I plan to pop down this evening to prebait again.

Don't forget to take the firework, you'll need to send that into the sky at midnight.

I will ignore Matthew Simmons, my tactics have been carefully thought through (a lie, they never are) and I have no chance of catching a bream.

• Like 1

Don't forget to take the firework, you'll need to send that into the sky at midnight.

I will ignore Matthew Simmons, my tactics have been carefully thought through (a lie, they never are) and I have no chance of catching a bream.

I look forwards to hearing your results at MF Rusty, and the pictures of double figure Crucians - but don't come crying to me if you bag up on bream because you ignored my advice - generously given I might add!

My season starts on Jan 1st these days.

I fished the whip to roach and had a nice morning.

At midnight tonight I will be trying to get some sleep, it's hot, muggy and close hence trying!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Distinct lack of 4 lb Crucian pictures from Rusty' Marsh Farm trip.

I starting to wonder if he ignored our advice on bait and bagged up on bream. Steve also (generously in my view) recommended any bait, like halibut pellets, that was heavy on fishmeal would guarantee crucians exclusively. I trust Steve's knowledge on this totally and Rusty would have been mad to have ignored it.

:-)

A distinct lack of any fish Mat (or bites for that matter) despite rotating baits regularly, including said pellets. Nine biteless hours at my peg in that heat was enough for me, I moved to the 'easy pond' for the last hour and caught roach immediately, a few other IAC members followed suit. The match was won with a crucian so the trophy has passed on legitimately. I stayed in a hotel near Marsh Farm Friday night and traveled to play golf with school mates on Saturday, another nine hours in the sun meant that by the time I got home on Saturday night I was totally knackered and didn't make the Thames trip on Sunday. That will happen tomorrow, I've taken the day off work and temps will be more conducive to fishing.

A distinct lack of any fish Mat (or bites for that matter) despite rotating baits regularly, including said pellets. Nine biteless hours at my peg in that heat was enough for me, I moved to the 'easy pond' for the last hour and caught roach immediately, a few other IAC members followed suit. The match was won with a crucian so the trophy has passed on legitimately. I stayed in a hotel near Marsh Farm Friday night and traveled to play golf with school mates on Saturday, another nine hours in the sun meant that by the time I got home on Saturday night I was totally knackered and didn't make the Thames trip on Sunday. That will happen tomorrow, I've taken the day off work and temps will be more conducive to fishing.

Shame - I feel your pain in loosing the trophy, despite the reports in the comics, its not as easy as it appears. Still 9 biteless hours in the sun is better than catching bream I guess! Mind you - a 9 hour golf round - either you loitered outside the halfway house eating bacon sarnies in biblical quantities or you must have posted the highest score ever :-)

See you on the Thames some time. I fished south stoke wednesday tea time through till 10pm and had a few nice roach and silver bream but it was hard to get through the small stuff. Lots of surface strikes though, but no interest in liveys.