Corby at Glastonbury

big_cod

I don't think you'd do as a school teacher Huge. I think you'll find tat one word answers to questions don't go down to well with five year old kids.

Now try again. Explain why anyone should bow and scrape to some geriatric hausfrau

I'd like the UK to be a secular republic with full separation of church and state. Which party should I vote for?

Well obviously not a good teacher for you as my whole answer contains more than one word which you fail to see.

Trying again, why, when an officer of the Court exits the Court they turn and 'bow' these days a 'nod' to the bench, I know most are geriatric, but there again, I recall having a similar discussion with a Scot at a Barracks in Beverly, Hull. Where he decided to provoke me with an attack on the National Anthem, as I reminded him, the reason we can sing "God save the Queen" is because his Queen had her head cut off!

But that was just a means to an end as I knew it would start a fight and that was in the days before the Internet when a fight meant just that.

Personally I'd like the UK to be a place without any church, mosque or anything else, chances of that?

As for, I can only conclude, your assesment of HM Queen Elizabeth as being just another German Housewife, I can only ask how far you wish me to go back in her ancestry, I am aware that she, and both parents were born within the Uk and therefore she is 'British', perhaps you would rely on the definition of a friend of mine, a Scot and certainly a well known saying that, 'A cat born in a henhouse ain't no chicken' should apply to several members of the SNP.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

When you are trying to project an argument on a subject please do not do so with little or zero knowledge of the subject to somebody who has spent a lot of time on the same, I presume you would not argue with your GP if he sent you to hospital with a diagnosis of a burst appendix because some muppet had told you it was a stomach ache.

Yes you muppet, I am aware that I would be dead if the Country was subject to a nuclear strike, as I am aware that each and every member of the Country that launched the attack, along with just about ALL life on the planet would also die, there is a reason why it's called Mutually Assured Destruction, with the correct acronym MAD. It is the sole reason it has not happend.

My ancestors lived in a world without nuclear weapons, they also lived at a time when you could go out without locking their doors, and do you know what? I would love to live in a country where I don't have to lock my front door when I go out, but I am not going to be the first person to remove my door lock.

It's always hard to answer your posts on the mobile version of the site as they seldom remain on one subject, in this post you seem to be twittering about the Mail and Hitler.

Although I cannot follow the link, I would suggest that you remove Facebook as your fountain of knowledge and, not for the first time refer you to history books and further suggest that you consider, at one time in the history of this Country the choice was limited to leanings toward Hitler or leaning toward Stalin, neither was a good choice, but the world was occupied by little else, but this Country decided to be the difference.

On another subject raised in your rather rambling post, 1.5 billion 'bribe', and I don't support it, but have to put it into perspective, the 2011 International Enquiry into the banking and monetary crash laid the blame on the sub prime mortgage market and the major banks complacency, BUT, it also singles out Blair and Bush for failing to regulate the banks and Gordon Brown for flogging the reserves at rock bottom prices, the report goes on to estimate that the failings of Blair and Brown cost this county £871 billion, that is approximately £42,000 for every household.

Go on and wave at JC, sing 'The RedFlag' or 'Oh Jeremy Corbyn' or watch as the muppet sings or whatever at Glastonbury on the BBC, me, I would much rather watch the Armed Forces Celebrations that a lot of the media DID NOT COVER choosing to show Corbyn and McDonnell, but then the BBC is biased against JC aren't they!

Oh dear a muppet eh ? you ramble on about my ancestors is that when Britain was great again I love that verse when we had workhouses !!! My ancestors didn't lock there doors well my son sorry to disappoint you see where I live I very rarely lock my doors it still happens did you actually know that' !!

So you don't agree with the bribe then but putting it perspective so you are actually looking for an excuse to say SAY YES it's ok bullshit well explain the words of Teresa dismay WE HAVE NO MONEY TREE to the nurse then suddenly hey presto 1 billion + drops right out of the sky it ain't washing guilty as charged. It's a bribe nothing other .

And then the cheers in the house with 10 DUP or 100 million a man + muppets vote with the government to keep public sectors workers pay frozen at 1% now I wonder just what all these public sector workers will be feeling now I don't have to tell you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And we call Corbyn there will be many 1000ss more added by the day calling Teresa dismay .

And a quick check on our record national dept metre it's really rocketing its growing at £5,100 per second just a few quid short of 2 trillion now and growing fast under this government Gordon brown ain't nowhere in sight muppet .

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I would say that the DUP have pulled a blinder for the people of Northern Ireland, and that I'm surprised that so many people who have been banging on about the awfulness of the cuts are so angry that someone has managed to force the Tories to reverse some of them in NI.

Its probably not so much that they got money that people are angry about. For me its that it looks like such an obvious ploy to buy their power and that the barnett formula has been totally ignored further enforcing my belief that they bought power.

Its all very shady looking imo.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Pretty much up to the Treasury which spending is included in Barnett, though. And it uses England as the baseline - if it worked the other way round, the increases required in Scotland and Wales would be the least of the government's problems compared to what England would be entitled to.

If, come the next election, the Greens get ten seats and Corbyn needs them to get a majority, and they say "Sure, so long as you put another billion into renewables" would that be seen the same way, I wonder?

DUP doesn't get to say where it is spent - the money goes to Stormont (hopefully there will be some kind of government there soon...)

The breakdown of the funding is;

Health: A minimum of £250m, with £200m directed to health service transformation and £50m towards mental health provision. It will also receive £50m to "address immediate pressures"

Education: £50m to "address immediate pressures"

Infrastructure: £400m for projects including delivery the York Street Interchange, plus £150m to provide ultra-fast broadband across Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland's capital budget is currently about £1bn per year.

Deprivation: £100m over five years targeted to deprived communities

The problem with the money being spent only in NI is inevitable when you have regional parties that don't represent anybody outside their area. The SNP or Plaid Cymru would also try to get the best deal for Scotland or Wales.

I think the real reason people are angry about this is simply which parties it involves.

DUP doesn't get to say where it is spent - the money goes to Stormont (hopefully there will be some kind of government there soon...)

The breakdown of the funding is;

Health: A minimum of £250m, with £200m directed to health service transformation and £50m towards mental health provision. It will also receive £50m to "address immediate pressures"

Education: £50m to "address immediate pressures"

Infrastructure: £400m for projects including delivery the York Street Interchange, plus £150m to provide ultra-fast broadband across Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland's capital budget is currently about £1bn per year.

Deprivation: £100m over five years targeted to deprived communities

The problem with the money being spent only in NI is inevitable when you have regional parties that don't represent anybody outside their area. The SNP or Plaid Cymru would also try to get the best deal for Scotland or Wales.

I think the real reason people are angry about this is simply which parties it involves.

I'd feel exactly the same way if it was Labour and SNP.

If an MP paid voters to vote for him he would no doubt face criminal charges. One law for us and another for the government. Makes me want to boke.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

This is the reality of political horsetrading in minority or coalition governments - we will back you if you fund our projects. It would be naïve to expect otherwise.

I'd feel exactly the same way if it was Labour and SNP.

If an MP paid voters to vote for him he would no doubt face criminal charges. One law for us and another for the government. Makes me want to boke.

Isnt promisses of higher wages or lower taxes a payment of sorts ,then ofcourse theres payment in kind in bribes not so clear on the ground.

The strange thing is people still vote for parties knowing full well they are going to be the ones to suffer ,all these grandiose schemes in manifestos are going to be paid for by tax payers ,the mp's are not going to stump up probably claim a bit ontop in expenses.

Corbyn says hes going to get tough with the rich (nothings changed there) if i were rich enough i would be out of here taking my cash with me ,if i had a company that would go to if it were possible

That HS2 nonsense is only going to help a tiny part of the population ,if its high speed that means its not going to stop much between the two cities so only those travellers will get any benefit every person effected all along the line are not going to see any benefit most probably suffer more than they would if it wasnt buiit

You use you pay if far fairer

Like that new sewer in london lots will fund it few will benefit from it ,i will be charged but my crap will never go through it (yes its not a government project but the principal is the same)

Council tax should reflect on how much you get ,no street lights here ,no library (not even a mobile one) no street sweepers ,a quarter of what town dwellers get so why should i support those that do raise their council tax and lower mine! as for libraries i have more bloody books than farnham close it the museum and its 3 flower pots and a cardboard cutout of jekyll is a disgrace close that as well,never seen the mayor around here doing mayor stuff why should i pay for his dedicated parking bay i have never seen a car in? Why should i pay for him at all hes never cut my lawn or cleaned my gutters

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

This is the reality of political horsetrading in minority or coalition governments - we will back you if you fund our projects. It would be naïve to expect otherwise.

Very true, what annoys me is the fact that Irish Politics is so sectarian, I really hope it doesn't raise its ugly head in the House, in the main, an awful lot of the population have put 'the Troubles' behind them and wish to move on to a more promising future.

There was a School teacher interviewed this morning who told it as it is, people are happy to live and work together, Politicians are not.

The current adverts on the telly where kids are asked what the difference is between them would be the same for the majority, the sad thing is there are young children in places, not Just N. Ireland where the reply would be he's a Catholic or she's a Protestant.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."