RBS

corydoras

It appears not to be difficult to be a manager here ,my eldest granddaughter went from assistant to manager of peacocks in 5 months ,i think the staff turnover crap wages and such help ,there is also the "someone to blame" aspect in the background lol

Another did the same in an alton shop from assistant to manager in 6 months ,when i was a youth 30 years of dilligence could if you were lucky get that vaulted position!

Another has become a chalet girl (yes i know) in some french place ,she is NOT enjoying it and i think once the sex side raises its head she will be back in sutherland lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It appears not to be difficult to be a manager here ,my eldest granddaughter went from assistant to manager of peacocks in 5 months ,i think the staff turnover crap wages and such help ,there is also the "someone to blame" aspect in the background lol

Another did the same in an alton shop from assistant to manager in 6 months ,when i was a youth 30 years of dilligence could if you were lucky get that vaulted position!

Another has become a chalet girl (yes i know) in some french place ,she is NOT enjoying it and i think once the sex side raises its head she will be back in sutherland lol

Why should one have to wait 30 years to be a manager? If you have what it takes then that should be enough. I was a Petty Officer at twenty-one. Almost unheard of, it meant that me, who only had four years sea time would be the boss of guys who had been at sea for thirty years. It was only meant to be for "one voyage" because the company needed a 2nd Steward but none were available and I was sitting on my ass at home of full pay waiting for a boat. The Ship's Master wrote to the office and suggested that the keep me as second. I loved it, I only had two above me on the ship, the Chief Steward then the Old Man himself.

Been skiing loads of times, never had a "chalet maid". My nephew is no dummy, just could not get on at school. France is really good at vocational education.

The nephew got the manager job because the chap before, a Japanese bloke retired. The owner did not think twice, he approached him and said "Yoann san I want you to be manager now, you know the business as well as anybody I know". The owner sponsored him and did all the paperwork for him (He could not speak hardly a word of Japanese at the time). He now has a really nice house in Hokkaido and a lovely little Japanese wife. I don't think he is in a rush to come back to Europe.

You'd like Hokkaido chesters. Freezing cold in winter. 7' to 8' of proper snow not uncommon.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Been skiing loads of times, never had a "chalet maid". My nephew is no dummy, just could not get on at school. France is really good at vocational education.

He got the manager job because the chap before a Japanese bloke retired. The owner did not think twice came up to him and said "Yoann san I want you to be manager now, you know the business as well as anybody I know". Owner sponsored him and did all the paperwork for him (He could not speak hardly a word of Japanese at the time). He now has a really nice house in Hokkaido and a lovely little Japanese wife. I don't think he is in a rush to come back to Europe.

You'd like Hokkaido chesters. Freezing cold in winter. 7' to 8' of proper snow not uncommon.

The hosts are not for the working folk lol shes at merves?

This place

http://30yearoldchaletgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/things-ive-learnt-about-french.html

I would like the weather but probably not the company ,like our moslem chums i can accidentally offend people by not buying into their customs a typical hanky on head brit so i stay home in my bubble

Unfortunately wishing someone happy eid got me a three course meal and i really really hate eating out especially if i can offend someone by not doing it properly in their company ,very nice though it almost made up for 3 hours digging up crap in rock hard soil!

i had on sunday sent the chap that runs the place a nice greeting wishing him a great eid ,he texted me back i was the only non moslem he knew that did it ,boy i can suck up when theres a vested interest ,i could make a great politition but i think to honest!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I know you keep going on about "youth unemployment" in France. I was talking to my daughter about this the other night and she reckons that they are mostly the uneducated youth, the ones that could not be assed doing well at school. Everyone who was on her MA class last year has a job.She got a job as a school teacher, a hard job in France, long hours and not that highly paid, but it's a job for life if she wants it to be. I have loads of nieces and nephews in France. They all have jobs. One nephew is not the academic type, bright enough but just not the school type. He went to a special school where you learn a trade. He chose to be a professional barman. Part of his course was a placement at this place. He is now the manager. Why aren't our youth given opportunities like that?

Do I? I just did a quick search and aside from my use of the phrase here, the term "youth unemployment" has only been used in one thread since 2014.

They are.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Why should one have to wait 30 years to be a manager? If you have what it takes then that should be enough. I was a Petty Officer at twenty-one. Almost unheard of, it meant that me, who only had four years sea time would be the boss of guys who had been at sea for thirty years. It was only meant to be for "one voyage" because the company needed a 2nd Steward but none were available and I was sitting on my ass at home of full pay waiting for a boat. The Ship's Master wrote to the office and suggested that the keep me as second. I loved it, I only had two above me on the ship, the Chief Steward then the Old Man himself.

The nephew got the manager job because the chap before, a Japanese bloke retired. The owner did not think twice, he approached him and said "Yoann san I want you to be manager now, you know the business as well as anybody I know". The owner sponsored him and did all the paperwork for him (He could not speak hardly a word of Japanese at the time). He now has a really nice house in Hokkaido and a lovely little Japanese wife. I don't think he is in a rush to come back to Europe.

I remember it was 30 years mostly because back when i started work it was pretty well for life ,the upward climb was slow usually the staff at the top retired or died letting the next fill the post so it was slow ,lady i gardened for as a kid started at 18 and finally made manager at 49 ,nowadays staff seem to come and go and definately are expendable for any excuse ,those that bow their heads and not complain seem to put up with it and rise up quickly merely because those above get **** off and leave rather than go up the chain

Theres also the opposite those that have no wish to climb the ladder ,chap i know from uni started at 21 after leaving uni and been doing exactly the same for 40 years and will do so until he retires ,in his case he doesnt want the extra work involved but also drawing attention to himself could make enamies of those that may want to.

I was the youngest foc in sogat not that i was a union lover but at the time it was a necessary move by the union to have a male union rep on a floor ,chance works as well as hard work

Edited by chesters1

Do I? I just did a quick search and aside from my use of the phrase here, the term "youth unemployment" has only been used in one thread since 2014.

They are.

Not to the same extent Ken. I don't know where kids can go these days to get a PROPER five to seven year apprenticeship starting at fourteen or fifteen and leave with a real trade? By the way did you read ALL of that article before you posted the link?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Not to the same extent Ken. I don't know where kids can go these days to get a PROPER five to seven year apprenticeship starting at fourteen or fifteen and leave with a real trade? By the way did you read ALL of that article before you posted the link?

I confess that I only scanned it. We do have vocational courses though and that's the way a lot of PRU's are focussed.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A great number of companies dont want to issue certificates mainly because all the money they invest in a person can be lost with said person using the certificate to join another company.

What can happen is a company trains a person to do a job then a bit more to advance them on ,no qualifications to escape with but a fully trained person to do that job (on the job training) also not having a certificate gives the worker no influence over how much they are paid ,if they dont like it they leave with bugger all.

The government 'training' schemes are little better you do your course and leave with a bit of paper that merely sais you completed that course ,to an outsider it has no weight .

I managed to grab the oppertunity of a city and guilds from the government because i was over 40 (unlike kids who are considered valueless and all training does is get them off the jsa onto a hidden list) but it was only for a one year course squashed into 6 months ,i then wangled the uni i was partly trained at to fund the final 2 years along with minimum wage.

Had i not done so i would have had a part city and guilds which had no value other than perhaps i was not as stupid as i looked.

Mostly though 'training' gets you off the jsa list for six months ,you get nothing at the end of it and go back on jsa for 6 months or get lucky and find a job that requires no experience.

College is little better unfortunately if your lucky you find a course you like and can earn a living doing most go for the easy route of media and find the job prospects restricted by the amount of people with media certificates in front of them.

Unis are little different in my job i spent days in most departments and it was obvious the 'hard' courses were mostly filled with foreigners and media ,the arts dance etc filled with the ethnics the ONLY department that had as many of each other appeared to be in the medicine related areas (big morgue onncampus) in the electronics labs it was over 90% foreigners and some could hardly string a sentence together especially the turks who tended to sneer at every attempt to help them or like many 'indian' types simply disapear by the end of the year the members were about 75% of those that started so perhaps their colleges issued certificates far in advance of their ability

Edited by chesters1

I confess that I only scanned it. We do have vocational courses though and that's the way a lot of PRU's are focussed.

I was wondering. Half the funding came from the EU and before you say "we were just getting our own money back" the good thing about EU grants is that the thieving barstewards in Westminster don't get a say in where the money is spent. I can't see a Westminster government of ANY hue cough up that amount post Brexit. The SWRDA was abolished under Cameron in 2012.

A great number of companies dont want to issue certificates mainly because all the money they invest in a person can be lost with said person using the certificate to join another company.

What can happen is a company trains a person to do a job then a bit more to advance them on ,no qualifications to escape with but a fully trained person to do that job (on the job training) also not having a certificate gives the worker no influence over how much they are paid ,if they dont like it they leave with bugger all.

The government 'training' schemes are little better you do your course and leave with a bit of paper that merely sais you completed that course ,to an outsider it has no weight .

I managed to grab the oppertunity of a city and guilds from the government because i was over 40 (unlike kids who are considered valueless and all training does is get them off the jsa onto a hidden list) but it was only for a one year course squashed into 6 months ,i then wangled the uni i was partly trained at to fund the final 2 years along with minimum wage.

Had i not done so i would have had a part city and guilds which had no value other than perhaps i was not as stupid as i looked.

Mostly though 'training' gets you off the jsa list for six months ,you get nothing at the end of it and go back on jsa for 6 months or get lucky and find a job that requires no experience.

College is little better unfortunately if your lucky you find a course you like and can earn a living doing most go for the easy route of media and find the job prospects restricted by the amount of people with media certificates in front of them.

Unis are little different in my job i spent days in most departments and it was obvious the 'hard' courses were mostly filled with foreigners and media ,the arts dance etc filled with the ethnics the ONLY department that had as many of each other appeared to be in the medicine related areas (big morgue onncampus) in the electronics labs it was over 90% foreigners and some could hardly string a sentence together especially the turks who tended to sneer at every attempt to help them or like many 'indian' types simply disapear by the end of the year the members were about 75% of those that started so perhaps their colleges issued certificates far in advance of their ability

It's not companies in France, it's schools. One of my son's friends has a real interest in clocks and watches. He went of to Paris when he was 15 to do be an apprentice watch smith. He will be finishing soon. During his apprenticeship he spent some time in Paris and some in Switzerland, by the time he has finished he will have made a pocket watch from scratch, using hand tools. I would not know where to start to find an education like that in the UK, but I bet you would to have to pay for it yourself.