Demise of Internet Explorer

Up till now I've mainly used Internet Explorer as my search engine, but for the last day or so when I click the icon I don't connect with the web. I assume this means Microsoft no longer supports IE, and I have to use the thing with a similar icon that comes with Windows 10, or maybe Firefox?

2 queries:

On the new Microsoft search engine, where do I find the equivalent of 'File', 'View', 'Options'?

Is there any easy way of transferring across my favourites/bookmarks?

I'd be grateful for any help.

John

john clarke

I use google chrome now, & was able to import my IE favourites into it.

Here's how to import your IE fav's into chrome.

See the 3 small black dots next to the blue star top left of screen?? (you will when you log on to chrome) Might be 3 black bars on yours - I've a lot happening on mine so that's why they're now reduced to dots on mine??

Click on the 3 dots & drop down to & click "Bookmarks. then click "Import bookmarks & Settings", then the drop down where it says "Microsoft Edge" to import from Internet Explorer.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thanks, Martin. I think I'd have to pay for Google Chrome? I think I'll hold fire on that. But on the new Microsoft browser I found 3 dots on the right side of the bar at the top which give me some of what I got in Tools, View etc. There was even a thing to click to import favourites from Internet Explorer. I tried it, and it said 'done' but I can't find any favourites. It may be that it has decided my Internet Explorer is dead, even though I can still get my list of favourites even without access to the web?

Anyone else got any ideas?

JOhn

I use google chrome now, & was able to import my IE favourites into it.

Here's how to import your IE fav's into chrome.

See the 3 small black dots next to the blue star top left of screen?? (you will when you log on to chrome) Might be 3 black bars on yours - I've a lot happening on mine so that's why they're now reduced to dots on mine??

Click on the 3 dots & drop down to & click "Bookmarks. then click "Import bookmarks & Settings", then the drop down where it says "Microsoft Edge" to import from Internet Explorer.

john clarke

Eureka! The favourites have all appeared. Thanks, problem solved.

Yes I meant top right John - a couple too many tinnies lol.

Google Chrome is Free - well I didn't pay for mine, just logged in & was there.

Might have been a free download??

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

1) Chrome is free.
2) Internet Explorer is still still included with Windows 10. Type 'IE' into the Cortana/Search Windows box on the left of the Task Bar. Right click on IE Icon and select Pin to Start Menu or Pin to Task Bar.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote