North Sea Cod

Andrew

Has made a recovery. How wrong were the scientist ! ! e3607.gife3607.gif

The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) said it could now be sold with its "blue tick" label.

The label indicates that North Sea cod caught by Scottish and English boats is "sustainable and fully traceable".

North Sea cod is now sustainable and can be eaten with a "clear conscience", a fisheries body has said.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I don't think that the scientists were wrong. They warned that stocks were under theat. Steps were taken by the government and the fishermen to conserve stocks and now the stocks are recovering.

Good job all round.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Recovering is the keyword. It is still not fully recovered and caution is the watchword. Some of our sea fishing members might like to comment on this

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ask for Fish & chips in West Yorkshire & it's Haddock. (fried in Beef Dripping) Yes some will do Cod as well but only to order, but it's not that popular here.

East Yorkshire coast F & C is Cod though. (fried in vegetable oil)

Funny how tastes seem very Regional. :icecream:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• 2 months later...

I had a lot of cod this summer off Amble, decent sized fish as well but still not seen any of the 30lbers we used to see landed at Whitby when I was a child. There have been a lot of herring this year off the tyne which I've never seen in numbers before and they should be good food fish for the cod.

• Like 1

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

No decent Codling run in East Anglia for several years.

Lugworm beds doing alright!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Has made a recovery. How wrong were the scientist ! !

I would imagine that the scientists would feel the same way about that as all those people who worked their arses off to circumvent Y2K problems when people said it was a fuss over nothing because nothing happened!