Poll What's your Regional Preference in your Fish & Chip shops?

Martin56

Cod Or haddock??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Regional Preference in your Fish & Chip shops??

Thats a cigarettes mr bush ,gays are not classed as fruit here in the uk

I always keep my gerkin vinegar in my vinegar bottle (wife prefers the clear stuff) so my 5 a day is more like 10

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 8 months later...

Chesters1,

You waited 9 months to vote? I know about fags although it is still creepy to hear someone call them that.

Notice I didn't comment in this thread - surprise. However I am somewhat like Dales. Fish are less than appealing to me. As a source of survival I suppose I could gag something down but not by choice. My wife, eats all those "squirrely" critters with their eyes and ears still on.

Phone

When it comes to late its you Mr Bush ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Last time I was in Brixham one desperate sea-front chippie was offering "sustainable" pollack and pout to the gullible. Well the pout is certainly sustainable as far as I am concerned - the old fishermen who called them "stink-alive" certainly had a point - they begin to rot the moment they leave the water. Grilled instantly on the beach seconds after catching, they are not too bad, but any delay via wholesaler and fishmonger - ugh !!

Yup, "stink fish" was the term used for pouting on a Mevagissey charter boat I was on many years ago. We caught loads but they all went back, no chance of getting them to the kitchen that day before they went off. Wonder why they do that?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I voted Cod,but, Huss,Rock and Gurnett all the same is second. :)

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I always keep my gerkin vinegar in my vinegar bottle (wife prefers the clear stuff) so my 5 a day is more like 10

2017 you replied to it in 2018 ten months later than my nine lol

Just a cotton picking minute (whatever that is) i responded to the previous post (vagabond) on the same day nana na nana?

And to confuse you more i unvoted my original vote (whatever it was) and went other preferring savaloy and a pickled egg at this moment in time and seeing as an egg is fruit its now six today and still referrs to gay types in america haha

Edited by chesters1

And yer hand on ya' Ha'penny no doubt!! :love:

Does 5 Jaffa Cakes count??

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Something decent...Coral trout, red emperor, golden snapper and bluey (blackspot parrotfish)

Well, those aren't bad, but if you fish the top end, Fingermark Bream take some beating. Down in Tas, my favourite with chips was the Southern Sand Flathead.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...