The BBC gender pay gap

Ken L

And then the BBC could terminate their contracts and employ someone cheaper when they ask to take 18 months off to start a family - just like they would with a bloke.
The BBC could then extend gender equality practices further by scrapping the discriminatory gender division in the sports that they broadcast: The inequality between men's and women's tennis, men's and women's athletics, men's and women's swimming etc and only broadcast sports where men and women are directly competing against one another like motor racing where there is no gender divide and we se women doing every bit as well as the........ Oh bo11ocks! Lets just call ourselves "feminists" and whine about inequality.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And then the BBC could terminate their contracts and employ someone cheaper when they ask to take 18 months off to start a family - just like they would with a bloke.

The BBC could then extend gender equality practices further by scrapping the discriminatory gender division in the sports that they broadcast: The inequality between men's and women's tennis, men's and women's athletics, men's and women's swimming etc and only broadcast sports where men and women are directly competing against one another like motor racing where there is no gender divide and we se women doing every bit as well as the........ Oh bo11ocks! Lets just call ourselves "feminists" and whine about inequality.

I've no problem whatsoever with betting on a horse who has a (Good) female jockey on board. They compete admirably off level terms these days.

In fact, some horses go better for a woman Jockey!!

Female Trainers are also doing very well in the Racing world.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I've no problem whatsoever with betting on a horse who has a (Good) female jockey on board. They compete admirably off level terms these days.

In fact, some horses go better for a woman Jockey!!

Female Trainers are also doing very well in the Racing world.

Yes. My p*** take was primarily targeted at those who seem to think that female tennis stars at Wimbledon should earn the same as the men despite not being as good, not pulling in the crowds and the money, not playing as many games in the tournament and not playing as many sets in a match.

I like to show them this.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

As I am over 80 I get my TV free (although I pay a subscription to sky so as to watch Test cricket and other sports)

Therefore the "No taxation, no representation" principle applies. Despite my tongue-in-cheek post #20, If I did pay a fee, I think I might well write to the BBC suggesting that female presenters are overpaid already, and male presenters are grossly overpaid. Two million a year for a jumped-up disc jockey - I ask you.....

Edited by Vagabond
  • Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Think it's pretty well established?? that men (in general) have much more hand to eye, ball to hand or foot co-ordination.

Yes. My p*** take was primarily targeted at those who seem to think that female tennis stars at Wimbledon should earn the same as the men despite not being as good, not pulling in the crowds and the money, not playing as many games in the tournament and not playing as many sets in a match.

I like to show them this.

As reflected in Football, Snooker, Tennis etc.

It's not all about strength - (snooker isn't about that)

I can't name a single ball game where women could compete with the men off level terms??.

The women's Chinese Table Tennis circuit looks good - (within themselves)

Looks like it's a gender thing we'll just have to accept.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!