Loosefeed is littering, apparently

Steve Walker

All,

A diet of ALL bread, or anything else, is not good for man nor beast. Most bread, especially commercial breads, are fortified. So now it comes down to the definition of "good for". The likelihood of diminishing the quality of life for ducks in a park pond with bread are practically ZERO.

I accidentally killed a couple kid goats with an old car battery. They ate the acid !!??

Phone

• Like 1

My uncle once got a couple of goats to keep his lawn short. They ate everything else in the garden - including the fence - in preference to the grass.

Though they will eat pretty much anything, they can't always survive it;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/walton-hall-zoo-goats-warrington--13383726

My uncle once got a couple of goats to keep his lawn short. They ate everything else in the garden - including the fence - in preference to the grass.

cf posrt#18 When there was a field behind my garden, the bullocks in the field preferred to jump the hedge and eat my Brussel's sprouts rather than the luscious grass at their feet - eventually I solved the problem by buying the field (sine bullocks) and adding it to my garden.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

And in doing so, no doubt helped save the planet by reducing bovine methane emissions!

Maybe, but a lot of extra CO2 was generated by me and the half-dozen bullocks by my chasing said bullocks up and down the garden. They were too stupid to leave by the same way as they arrived, and eventually had to be driven out of the front gate, up the road, left at the crossroads, down the lane to their field gate - a trip of about a quarter-mile. Next morning they jumped the hedge again......

Anyway, my garden now extends to a copse with a brooklet in the bottom (no fish) No more bullocks - just fallow deer, roe deer, badgers, foxes, grey squirrels and tulip-eating pheasants, Next door has a goldfish pond, so they get grey heron as well.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

And in doing so, no doubt helped save the planet by reducing bovine methane emissions!

Only to be increased by Vagabond et al eating the saved sprouts - sorry to say Steve, but you haven't thought that one through! :D

• Like 1

Only to be increased by Vagabond et al eating the saved sprouts

If only ! The bullocks ate the bloody lot - and the "tops" - they also trampled down many of the other plants they didn't eat. Unless you notice a bullock invasion in the first few seconds, there is precious little you can do. Six bullocks only need about ten minutes to devastate a medium-sized garden.

RNLI Governor

Only to be increased by Vagabond et al eating the saved sprouts - sorry to say Steve, but you haven't thought that one through! :D

I am familiar with the methanogenic characteristics of bullocks, even when not fed brassicas. Vagabond is a man of many talents, but whether they extend to cattle-challenging emissions, I know not!

If only ! The bullocks ate the bloody lot - and the "tops" - they also trampled down many of the other plants they didn't eat. Unless you notice a bullock invasion in the first few seconds, there is precious little you can do. Six bullocks only need about ten minutes to devastate a medium-sized garden.

So, does Six Bullocks constitute a Load of Bullocks then?? :g:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!