Lost sound icon

I'm not on Windows 10, and can't remember what it looks like, but is there a little upward arrow to the left of the other icons. If you click that, is your volume icon in there? Can you drag it out of there back to the bottom right?

I'm not on Windows 10, and can't remember what it looks like, but is there a little upward arrow to the left of the other icons. If you click that, is your volume icon in there? Can you drag it out of there back to the bottom right?

Mine was already on the task bar, but I was able to drag it in and then out again from the hidden icon thingy.

If it's not there at all: In windows 7: click on the Windows icon at bottom left - Control panel - right click on Sound - select "Create shortcut"

Win10 won't be very different.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I got to the buttons to click to turn on the icons, but it wouldn't work 'cos it can only be done by an administrator. But I am the administrator! So there was obviously a glitch. I did a restart and that fixed it.

Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

john clarke