Cheques

Sportsman

Does anyone still use them?

If so, why?

I haven't written a cheque for a couple of years, at least, but we still have a few customers that insist on playing with them.

They are expensive and a pain in the ar5e.

Are there any advantages that I am not aware of?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I sent one off a few days ago for the wife's Blue Badge: was wondering at the time when I'd last used one, so checking the stubs, it was the wife's Blue Badge three years earlier.

I could have paid on-line when I applied but I thought I'd remembered paying for it when I picked it up at the Town Hall, but I must have been mistaken, (I may not even have had to pick it up) I'll pay on-line next time.

You still need them to pay a tax bill, crazy!

I miss cheques, somebody asks for money you can't say "There's a cheque in the post."

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Now they say "You're on the next automated pay run" at some point in the future :doh:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Not used a cheque for a couple of years the last time to renue my mrs blue badge.

However today i used a bank giro slip dooda which is pretty much the same except you give it to the bank who sends the dosh ,i really dont like using card details online so the thing today is much safer and the money is paid then not a few days later as a cheque does so you can budget correctly ,one i sent wasnt presented to the bank until 3 weeks had passed if the account was empty and it bounced deep dooda would have followed!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Does anyone still use them?

If so, why?

They are expensive and a pain in the ar5e.

Are there any advantages that I am not aware of?

I still use them - as a customer they are still useful - I may not wish to pay "on line" particularly if it is necessary to "register" - which in many cases involves answering unnecessary and impertinent questions, the answers to which may be sold on, and the harvest being a barrage of trash emails advertising things one neither needs nor wants.

Most of my subscriptions are made by cheque rather than by standing order or direct debit. that means I can make an annual choice as to whether or not to continue, besides which, at the time of my demise, payments cease automatically, without my executors being troubled by extra paper work in either stopping payments or recovering post-mortem automatic payments.

I can see why sellers don't like cheques, but am indifferent to their proctalgia

I

• Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

i still use em to book my clubs matches. sent out 9 so far this year to various fisheries

Hello blue, glad to see you still pop in from time to time/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote