Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Ken L

I've experienced similar weather syrems whilst rounding the Cape of Good Hope in big bulk carriers Phone. I'd hazard a guess that most posters here have never experienced anything quite like that. (That little hen's fart in 1987 does not come close chesters)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfW9znJYjw

:D

• Like 2

Cape of good hope is easy ,just how many trees are lost there!

Its that choice thing you choose to go round the cape we didnt choose the hogs back being closed for a fortnight and a tree blocking the road at the donkey!

Cories points are like saying "crikey i almost got shot walking behind the tagets at the ash ranges " or " bugger me i almost got run over crawling across the m25 at rush hour"

Its like the strange thing about parking spaces at supermarkets why should people park close because they choos to have kids compared to the disabled who in most probability would rather not be disabled but not have the choice.

Is cories cape example bravery or stupidity ? If its choice i would say the latter so not really much of an example

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Many years ago, my brother and I were fishing from an Avon inflatable off Branscombe.

We were only teenagers.

A storm came through that hugged the coast and caused a trail of destruction tossing boats onto rocks from Plymouth to the Isle of Wight. It literally stalked on legs of lighting

We were a fair way offshore when it started up so the question was do we try to land on the shingle or do we go around to what was probably a safe harbour at Beer?

We'd decided to go to beer but spotted the family on the beech who were telling up that with assistance we could land safely.

They were wrong. we got in but not without swamping the boat, breaking the outboard shaft and getting thoroughly bashed. 10 minutes latter, it was over and in hindsight, we should have gone for the safe cove, had a drink and then motored back - the folks would have bricked themselves if we had though.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

Such stories are a Sure sign of BREXIT

Yesterday, a neighbor I only casually know let her 3 yr old child parrish unattended is the car. 108 F for christ sakes !! She was just in the store for a moment - bullchit.

Phone

Sounds like she was influenced by unsavoury foreigners.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Sounds like she was influenced by unsavoury foreigners.

Savaloys i bet

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There's no limit to the depravity. It could even be souvlaki.

Edited by Ken L

Cape of good hope is easy ,just how many trees are lost there!

Its that choice thing you choose to go round the cape we didnt choose the hogs back being closed for a fortnight and a tree blocking the road at the donkey!

Cories points are like saying "crikey i almost got shot walking behind the tagets at the ash ranges " or " bugger me i almost got run over crawling across the m25 at rush hour"

Its like the strange thing about parking spaces at supermarkets why should people park close because they choos to have kids compared to the disabled who in most probability would rather not be disabled but not have the choice.

Is cories cape example bravery or stupidity ? If its choice i would say the latter so not really much of an example

Crews on bulk carriers often don't know where they are going, what route they will take to get there, how fast they will go or what cargo they will be carrying when they sign articles. That's one of the good thinks about bulkers, every voyage is a six to nine month mystery tour.

I didn't make the decision to go round the Cape and neither did the Ship's Master. That decision was made by someone in an office in Edinburgh or London. A bulk carrier in some ways is more than just a ship, it's a big bank full of a traded commodity. One's route and speed are dictated by the market, not like a container ship that runs to a timetable with penalties for being an hour or so late on a six week voyage.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote