Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Ken L

I forgot to mention we've had no post since Saturday and the local Boots pharmacy is refusing to deliver a prescription to my 85 year old housebound neighbour. I picked it up from Boots this afternoon

We should be having lots of post this week as members' subs are due by today. Royal Mail apparently said they attempted delivery of a Special Delivery letter. How come we weren't carded though? And how come there were no footprints on the drive?

To their credit the ever reliable UK Mail courier has just picked up a parcel.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

If royal mail used the excuse of weather not to deliver country wide think of the fuel saving ?

I cannot remember snow stopping the mail and closing schools in 1963

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just checked my local weather and it looks like the weather station that I usually get a feed from has packed up so I scrolled down to the list of local weather stations with current (5:30 in the evening and daylight) readings - and it's rather sobering.

Most are reading at or around -4.6° C!

The forecast high temperature for tomorrow daytime is -2° C.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

-3.8 here now ,just gritted the path to sheds and gate ,snow flurries at the moment

7 oclock this morning it was -7.6

If it stays about this i will be heading for the woods metal detecting the fields will be a bit hard!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Car just said -5.5

You got a talking car Steve? :o

Mine just makes Brrm Brmm noises, and the occasional clunk!

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

At a certain depth and/or temperature gritting is useless.

Under -4 I think Andy. If it was up to me winter tyres would be mandatory in the winter time.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

-5 and 50kph winds at the moment. This is going to kill a lot of unprotected farm animals, wildlife and people who don't have adequate shelter....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

You got a talking car Steve? :o

Mine just makes Brrm Brmm noises, and the occasional clunk!

John.

It's very communicative, John. At the moment it's mostly saying "D-service exceeded by 500 miles" and "Screenwash low". Though it limits the vocal interaction to a loud beep when the engine is started, which is the car equivalent of a butler's "ahem".

• Like 1