Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Ken L

Starting to look a bit more like "real snow" in Southampton now. it's been snowing light powdery stuff off and on all day but starting to get heavier now.

Same here a few miles West, and looking at the radar info there's a lot more to come quite soon.

On a positive note, we have 10:50 hours of daylight today but it'll be up to 12:52 hours by the end of the month.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No snow here. We had a bitterly cold wind for the last few days. Still windy today but temp up to 15'C

I see the Daily Express are forecasting that this is the start of a new ice age. It is expected to last until around June when they will change the forecast to hottest summer since records began

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

It's getting serious here - I've just realised that there's only enough bacon left for one more sarnie!

Blimey its more serious than you know the rolls are not there!

No panic buying here sainsburies was closed for refurbishment and lidl was empty and all the shelves full

I may get the bread maker out tomorrow ,we have plenty of bread in the freezer but the birds like fresh bread ,the mrs hates it but i eat it its fairly bready and far better than my first attempt which even the birds avoided

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's getting serious here - I've just realised that there's only enough bacon left for one more sarnie!

Me too, might just make two!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Blimey its more serious than you know the rolls are not there!

No panic buying here sainsburies was closed for refurbishment and lidl was empty and all the shelves full

I may get the bread maker out tomorrow ,we have plenty of bread in the freezer but the birds like fresh bread ,the mrs hates it but i eat it its fairly bready and far better than my first attempt which even the birds avoided

Yeah i bought a few supplies yesterday at Lidl (not "panic buying" just a wee top up. Shelves looked to be about as well stocked as any other day.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It's incredible tat he one time when people need to see where the snow is falling to plan travel, the Met Office has no rainfall radar data available....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The bus lot hasnt updated their anouncements since mid February ,cant stand companies who have almost instantaneous possibilities but no clue how to do it ,even worse one company who said in its reciept of email i should get a response within 10 working days ! This is 2018 not some roman outpost in 018

On a better side lidl now mark their "9v" (no such rechargeable battery) as 8.4v which saves taking them back when i need 9.6v its just strange even tech stores do not have a clue what the voltage is

On a side note their rechargeables are quite good (one bad batch i caught them selling though) my ones from 2016 are still carrying the stated capacity

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

More snow today,(about 5 inch), but the driving was much easier. The hill that took over a half hour yesterday, took under 5 mins today. I agree with ajay though, there are many drivers who have no experience driving in these conditions, as well as those that just don't think. Some are over confident through ignorance, while others over cautious through fear. Then there are the 4x4 drivers who think that just because they have extra grip to keep moving, think that 4 wheel drive means they can brake, and stop, as if conditions were normal. I've see two today brake hard, and skid on for several feet.

My main problem is that because it's not been above -3 C for the last couple of days, my screen washers are still frozen!

John.

Its not very often it gets this extreme, scotland anyway. Ive takin the opportunity to get to know my new 4x4 i bought 2 weeks ago. Come across so many abandoned cars here and still a lot of side streets with about 1ft of the stuff. Its all good fun and good practice.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk