1st boat trip sorted

barry luxton

With the new skipper Jamie skippering the offshore rebel.

Our club is known as the off shore rabble and lucky enough we have a total of twelve Saturdays to choose from each year.

In addition there are other trips we choose to go on as well, being greedy.

So Sean Nally from a n fame is coming down with us to do the Weymouth Pollack comp at the end of march, not satisfied we have also

decided to do the following day as well. :fishing1:

Last year the inshore bream fishing was superb, psssst don't let TAT know or they will offer up their representation and sort out regulation for us

just like the bass and now the bream off the sussex coast. We don't want that do we? NO. :yucky:

Anyway speaking to Jamie it's going to be a fab first year for him as his bookings are filling up fast, even the channel isles trips.

If anyone fancies a crack at it, and it will be a crack, go on deepsea web site and look at the Weymouth boats or leave a post and I know we can

sort something out.

The mixture of available species both inshore and off is amazing. Can't wait. :fish::fish::fish:

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

No chance you are a plaice guro

us Pollack champs have it sorted. :fishing1:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...

:fishing1: I used to enjoy Weymouth but getting up at 0 crack sparrow, then a 90 mile drive, a days fishing or wrecking, then a pint or a coffee in the pub and a 90 mile drive back home just got too much as I found I had to pull over for a couple of hours nap. I make do with some good local skippers now as it's a shorter day. :clap3:

Norm B, on 14 Jan 2018 - 13:56, said:

:fishing1: I used to enjoy Weymouth but getting up at 0 crack sparrow, then a 90 mile drive, a days fishing or wrecking, then a pint or a coffee in the pub and a 90 mile drive back home just got too much as I found I had to pull over for a couple of hours nap. I make do with some good local skippers now as it's a shorter day. :clap3:

Cor your a local Norm, 3 hour drive there and 3 hour drive back. Na my mate travels even further, from the midlands, so we more often than not stay overnight in the sailors and travel back sunday morning.

Skeggs can't be doing too good with the bass ban.

Cor your a local Norm, 3 hour drive there and 3 hour drive back. Na my mate travels even further, from the midlands, so we more often than not stay overnight in the sailors and travel back sunday morning.

Skeggs can't be doing too good with the bass ban.

:bye2: TBH I don't think anyone is doing well with the bass ban, except the bycatch winners. Why can't charter boats have a bass bye catch? I think at 71 I'm entitled to take it a bit easier than in the past. :bye2:

Edited by Norm B
  • Like 1

rules is rules Norm, even if the bass has a hook down it's guts it has to go back, just like the common eel take ban and the tope.

Don't know how the sussex bream bag limit is getting on. However there were loads and loads and loads of them showing off Portland, down the south west and over in the channel isles last year.

I won't mention the common denominator in all these angling restrictions, save to comment that it will be a million years before the anglers have an effect on the stock.

We're all showing our age unfortunately Norm, even I don't do 6 hours driving in a day to go afloat now. Hey ho. Take it easy my mate.

• 1 month later...

:bye2: TBH I don't think anyone is doing well with the bass ban, except the bycatch winners. Why can't charter boats have a bass bye catch? I think at 71 I'm entitled to take it a bit easier than in the past. :bye2:

:fishing1: That's what kills it for me. 90 minute drive down, 120 minutes back and 8+ hours afloat. I have to stop for a break/kip on the way home, not as fit as I was. :fishing1: