Charities

Ken L

Oxfam is currently embroiled in scandal that includes allegations of "sex for aid" and abuse in its charity shops.

MSF and Sane the Children will never see another penny from me after hiring vessels and using them to illegally transport migrants to Europe.

Millions of pounds donated to Comic Relief were found have been invested in funds with shares in tobacco, alcohol and arms firms.

Are there any charities left that actually do what they say they do?

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Its a tangled web of intrigue ,one well known one supports with its take other charities run by the same people so finding out where the money finaly goes extremely difficult and ofcourse its not just money recieved from people but also large sums donated by tax payers via the government.

Even non profit charities are suspect its very easy to hide profit away on lavish lifestyles so theres no profit at the end.

If your head of several charities and take a cut from all thats a very nice lifestyle indeed

I just give a few shillings to the lifeboats and buy a poppy and hope some reaches those that need it

I can picture a scenario in my head.

Hey little girl walk 5 miles to get water.

But sir we have a well by our house

Walk bitch and use that old stony road not that freshly tarmaced one.

But sir we have a well

Ok forget the well use that sewer and drive those donkeys in to it

But sir no-one uses it they have running water

Do as i say and wipe some donkey crap into your hair theres not enough flies

But sir i only showered this morning

Hey forget that drink that water its good footage you want this shiny coin dont you?

Blurpp ok sir i drank it

Right fill that old container up with the dirtiest water you can find then bugger off home

What about my money it will buy a new game for my xbox

Sorry i will owe you it bye bye

Kerching

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Steve Hughes on charities and the homeless;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6kl17HH9s

I saw him do that routine live a few years back. There is truth there.

I don't tend to give money any organised charities anymore but I do quite frequently give the price of a meal to people who obviously can't work and who are forced to beg when I'm travelling.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guffaw ,many a true word is said in jest

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ken,

I too used to do that - but no more. It doesn't take long for the "shill beggars" to send their kids out onto the streets. I'm thinking mostly of the Island nations.

Phone

The folks that I tend to buy a feed for are generally old, have lost limbs in agricultural accidents or are unfortunate enough to have contracted leprosy. Not much risk of them faking it but even so, I always limit it to the price of a meal because sadly, there are gangmasters who will wheel out the cripples to high profile spots etc and we wouldn't want to encourage that.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Right or wrong I support three organisations and ONLY three,

The RNLI because I was brought up in Cromer, and as a child, knew Henry Blogg , who risked his life many times over, to save people from the sea. As a governor, I can keep an eye on how the money is spent

I also support the Poppy Day - My service career did not put me in danger, but I am very aware of those of my comrades who suffered death or serious injury - and the strain that puts on their families.

I am aware that there may be some jiggery-pokery between my contribution and what proportion actually reaches th recipients, but they deserve every penny.

Thirdly, I contribute to any steam locomotive preservation, provided I approve of the project, and know and trust the individuals runnibg it. Alas, my days of providing practical help are over, but at least I can provide cash and encouragement' Why ?.........., because dragons are a myth, and dinosaurs are extinct - these fire-breathing "beasts of man" are the next best things - if dragons existed, I would have been a dragon-rider

I ignore all other appeals , the latest money sink seems to be donkeys "thousands of donkeys die every day" true, and thousands of donkeys are born every day.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

All,

Oddly, I am helping my wife (that's not the odd part) with a research on global humanitarian aid. There are over 29,000 UN registered INTERNATIONAL non governmental organizations (NGO's). The United States counts over two million such organizations. Although not positive, I'd bet that is for or from income tax records.

"Save the whales" is old hat

Phone

the odd part is the project and relevance to this thread. just ask me - I've 40gb of "facts"