Blue passports

Sportsman

The blue "Brexit" passports are to be printed in Europe it seems.

Now, I may be a "no nothing dic" but even I can see a degree of irony in that.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Given that we are still in the EU, and that there are regulations concerning procurement of government contracts which still apply to us, did we have a choice? In any case, I hope that post Brexit we will still use EU based services for government projects if that gets best value for money.

• Like 1

Given that we are still in the EU, and that there are regulations concerning procurement of government contracts which still apply to us, did we have a choice? In any case, I hope that post Brexit we will still use EU based services for government projects if that gets best value for money.

:fishing1: We don't let the EU build our warships so why let them print our passports? Does seem a bit ironic though. :fishing1:

:fishing1: We don't let the EU build our warships so why let them print our passports? Does seem a bit ironic though. :fishing1:

French passports are printed in France. One can get round EU tendering regulations on national security grounds. We could have done the same but apparently chose not to.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

De La Rue prints Euro bills for some EU countries.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

We're just being better Europeans than France, then, which isn't generally hard.

LOL. German passports are prined by the Bundesdruckerei. Same outfit that prints stamps, driving licenses, visas, vehicle registration certificates and so on.

I wonder how all those boycotting EU products are going to cope? If they remain true to their principles then they will boycott the blue passports. Should make for interesting scenes at border control.